• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Repossessed in MD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kltaylor08

I believe my car was illegally repossessed by my dealer/finance company in Maryland. I am current on all payments. I have MVA flags and that was the reason for the repo. I have 60 day tags on the vehicle with a month left. And in the process of getting the flags taken care of. They say I was taking too long to get them cleared, so they were receiving fines for not titling the vehicle. And once its done in an get the car back. But I'm still paying my notes on time! Is this legal? Can I bring the police with me me to get the car?

justalayman

I’m not familiar with the terminology and maybe others aren’t so could you define and explain what mva flags are and what flags are pertinent in your situation?

Was the car repos by the dealer OR the finance company or are they one and the same?

Kltaylor08

I’m not familiar with the terminology and maybe others aren’t so could you define and explain what mva flags are and what flags are pertinent in your situation?

Was the car repos by the dealer OR the finance company or are they one and the same?
Flags are violations from the MVA. Motor Vehicle Association. I have 2 that need to be paid for and cleared from my record before I can get a vehicle titled or registered. And yes the finance company is the dealer.

Just Blue

Flags are violations from the MVA. Motor Vehicle Association. I have 2 that need to be paid for and cleared from my record before I can get a vehicle titled or registered. And yes the finance company is the dealer.
What are you being "flagged" for? Please clarify.

PayrollHRGuy

There are a number of things that can cause the MVA to flag and the OP used the plural "flags". Without knowing what those flags were for we really can't help the OP.

adjusterjack

As justalayman suggests you are going to have to read your finance contract to determine what constitutes a "default" that would allow repo.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">