• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly accused of stealing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo2018

Hi was shopping inside XXXX and 2 shop employees approached me and I was accused of stealing. Soon after that I was taken out the back of the store (by the shop employee) (2 women) then was frisked by another shop employee (man) police was not called. I was only 14 at the time (2016) I am now 16 (2018) there was no police investigation into the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

Hi was shopping inside XXX and 2 shop employees approached me and I was accused of stealing. Soon after that I was taken out the back of the store (by the shop employee) (2 women) then was frisked by another shop employee (man) police was not called. I was only 14 at the time (2016) I am now 16 (2018) there was no police investigation into the matter.
Interesting.

What is the name of your state?

If no police report was filed - by either you or the shop - and no civil action was filed against you by the shop, there is little you can do about the questionable search now. What you should have done is report the employees' actions to your parents and the manager of the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbo2018

I did report it to my parents and the manger was the one who took me out the back to frisk me, and state is south Australia

quincy

I did report it to my parents and the manger was the one who took me out the back to frisk me, and state is south Australia
Australia is a country not a state. ;)

FreeAdvice is a forum handling U.S. law questions only. Sorry.

adjusterjack

Australia is a country not a state. ;)
A country IS a state. The definition of state includes:

a. politically organized body of people usually occupying a definite territory; especially: one that is sovereign
b. the political organization of such a body of people
c. a government or politically organized society having a particular character
d. the operations or concerns of the government of a country

South Australia is, itself, a state. Australia is divided into six states:

New South Wales
Victoria
Queensland
Tasmania
South Australia
Western Australia

And two territories:

The Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory.

I know, TMI, but you walked right into it and I couldn't resist. :cool:

quincy

A country IS a state. The definition of state includes:

a. politically organized body of people usually occupying a definite territory; especially: one that is sovereign
b. the political organization of such a body of people
c. a government or politically organized society having a particular character
d. the operations or concerns of the government of a country

South Australia is, itself, a state. Australia is divided into six states:

New South Wales
Victoria
Queensland
Tasmania
South Australia
Western Australia

And two territories:

The Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory.

I know, TMI, but you walked right into it and I couldn't resist. :cool:
I am usually more careful where I walk. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">