• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly Charged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mary1646

About a month and a half ago,my son and two of his friends were on their way to Temple, Texas. They had stopped in Little River Academy to change drivers. When they pulled out and got back on the highway, a cop pulled them over he said for speeding. He got my son out of the car and searched him. He told him to sit down in his patrol car. He then searched my sons two friends and set them in another patrol car that had driven up. Then he proceeded to search my son's car without asking my son if he could do so. He then told them they were free to go. He did not even give my son a speeding ticket. All he did was give them his card and told them to call the Bell County Office and see if they had a warrant out for their arrest. My son called the following Wednesday and he talked to the cop and the cop told him that unless someone fessed up to the marijuana, they would all three be arrested. Later in the week, the cops I guess went to one of my sons friend house and they arrested him he said for possession of marijuana.He said his bond was $300. Everyone and anyone in Texas will tell you that if my son had marijuana on him or in the car then he along with his friends would have been taken to jail that night. I think if you read this, then you will understand why I am so angry. You know and I know and the whole world knows that he(meaning the cop) saw three black guys in a good looking automobile and thought they must be selling drugs. About two weeks ago my son got a letter from Bell County with a court date of sometime in October stating he is charged with possession of marijuana for 0-2 ounces whatever that means. I need some help with this. We have retained an attorney, but the charge is really just making me sick to my stomach.

B

Been There

Im thinking the first thing you need to do is get your son to tell you the whole story. Mothers never think there sons did it. I remembeber my mother telling the cops there was no way that I broke into the store and when I know damn well that I did it the whole time. Oh, and I used to live in Belton and Bell county doe not always take you to jail if you are found with marijuana

Who was in possession of the keys at the time of the search. If they are in control of the vehicle they can give permission for the search. It really does not matter who own the vehicle.

M

mary1646

In reply to your answer that mother always think their sons tell the truth, you must be white. If you were black you would be able to understand where I am coming from. Sick of it, sick of it, sick of it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Oh Peter . . . .

Where are you?

We REALLY need your style of response on this one!!

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

S

smileyhapy

Dsut recommended a site that you might be interested in. One that is of particular interest is www.policeabuse.com. I say this because they investigate experiences that your son has gone through and set up sting units. There is particular interest in Texas and the town of Carthage and the experience of a black male in a nice vehicle and what happened as a result of the investigation. Hope this helps. It seems that it is a worthwhile web site. Another one he suggested and was some interesing reading was www.copcrimes.com. The first one would help you more.

P

philly philly

whats that **** about she must be white?..sounds to me like you r the prejudice one wrongly accused..
extacyforladies im out

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">