• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WV Circuit Court custody seems like backwood BS!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV
My mother had a case in circuit court for abuse and neglect i.e. my daughter was in her custody and she went out of the house at midnight and the cops found her two blocks away. My mother has went through several months of hearing and parenting classes,etc. And now has her back in her home. I was granted one hour supervised visits at this point. My other daughter who was not involved in this case and lives with her father was brought up, and my attorney requested visitation with her. Currently her father will not let me see her at all and visits are at his dicression. The circuit court judge dismissed them from being involved in the case and said I need to take it up in family court BUT he kept her part of the case incase they terminate my parental rights. Which means I cant go to family court until then. Are they allowed to do this? I have not been found guilty of abuse and neglect but NOW the prosecuting attorney wants to find me guilty of this when i wasnt even involved and has scheduled an adjudication for me dec. 29th, although that has been explained to me several times I still dont understand. What I do understand is its not taking my rights its finding me guiilty! I have a really good attorney but it doesnt seem to be doing any good. Help! I feel like I am being personally attacked here and dont know where to begin on what to do. I was just hoping someone could give me some insight on what is going on here and what I can do about it. Lost in WV..


Senior Member
You appear to have two cases going: A civil case where your parental rights are being terminated and a criminal one for child abuse.

Is that correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential