• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

X is giving me trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado
Hello; I lived with a man for nine years. we lived as a blended family unit.Did all the usual stuff together in that nine years.3 years ago he said Leave. Just for a while. He put me in one of his rental apts where I am still living. A year and a half ago he demanded that I start paying him rent which I have done.Now he wants more and is trying to rent the place out from under me.There is a for rent sign on the property and he has told the neighbor that this place is for rent.He knows that my income is not much and I struggle to make ends meet as it is.
Seeing this for rent sign everyday is a constant dig at me on his part.We do not speak to each other any more at all.I leave him alone as he has married now.Something he told me he never wanted to do.I send a money order every month for the rent so I have a reciept.
There is no lease here and no rental agreement of any kind.I have signed my name to nothing.
Do I have any kind of legal standing here?
Thank you


Under the Radar Member
Perhaps it would be wise to start looking for a place to move to? While he may have to go through formal eviction proceedings, he will eventually be able to get you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential