• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

X wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cptmiker

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Hello Just looking for some advice. I guess i was sued in Small claims court. For medical Bills. OK.

My question is they put my X Wife on the Suit. and then put a lien on my property

1. I have been divorced for over 5 years
2. The debit is about 2 years old or less.
3. My x wife is not on title or loan for my home.
4. They included her on the suit and and added her to a lien.
5. I told them even before the suit I was divorced for over 5 years and they still did it.

How do I get her off of this and can I go or can she for them doing this.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Hello Just looking for some advice. I guess i was sued in Small claims court. For medical Bills. OK.

My question is they put my X Wife on the Suit. and then put a lien on my property

1. I have been divorced for over 5 years
2. The debit is about 2 years old or less.
3. My x wife is not on title or loan for my home.
4. They included her on the suit and and added her to a lien.
5. I told them even before the suit I was divorced for over 5 years and they still did it.

How do I get her off of this and can I go or can she for them doing this.
Were any of the medical bills hers? Or for a child you two share?

LdiJ

No not one. they were all for me. Like i said we have been devorced for over 5 years and the bills were less than 2 years old. and no kids we share.
Unfortunately your ex really needs to hire herself an attorney to handle this and get her removed from everything. Its unfortunate, but what they did was unconscionable and its probably going to take an attorney to get it fixed. She really needs to protect herself.

cptmiker

Unfortunately your ex really needs to hire herself an attorney to handle this and get her removed from everything. Its unfortunate, but what they did was unconscionable and its probably going to take an attorney to get it fixed. She really needs to protect herself.
Ok i'm confused she is not on anything she is not on the house not on my insurance not on anything she was removed from everything when we got divorced over 5 years ago. Deed was changed 5 years ago. she was never on the loan. removed from insurance and all other items car insurance etc etc etc, all done over 5 years ago. so what is it I will need to remove her from. other than a lien that was placed on my property with her name on it. I'm confused. Do I need to hire and lawyer to have her removed her from a lien for a property she is not own. Can she sue them for suing us/her enormously for a bill that was in my name. So I have to spend money to fix something that the had no legal right to do in the first place. this just does not seem right. its my bill.

LdiJ

Ok i'm confused she is not on anything she is not on the house not on my insurance not on anything she was removed from everything when we got divorced over 5 years ago. Deed was changed 5 years ago. she was never on the loan. removed from insurance and all other items car insurance etc etc etc, all done over 5 years ago. so what is it I will need to remove her from. other than a lien that was placed on my property with her name on it. I'm confused. Do I need to hire and lawyer to have her removed her from a lien for a property she is not own. Can she sue them for suing us/her enormously for a bill that was in my name. So I have to spend money to fix something that the had no legal right to do in the first place. this just does not seem right. its my bill.
I understand that its your bill. However, somehow they attached your ex-wife to it, most likely illegally. I don't think that she is going to be able to get herself unattached without getting an attorney involved. Her attorney might be able to get a judge to order that the creditor pay her legal fees for the action to get her removed, but that all depends on the details.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">