• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Xanax Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mostofus

What is the name of your state? GA
I caught this charge at a road block when officers were checking people's IDs, etc. They smelled weed in the car and searched it. There were 2 xans in the back floor with my friend. I owned up and said they were mine. I was caught with 2

I also caught 2 more charges when I was detoxing in jail which I didn't remember

FlyingRon

You need an attorney. You're charged with a felony. This is immensely serious even before you get to whatever charges (likely assault) that you got while you were in jail. Of the little you say, nothing is exculpatory. In your state the "smell of weed" is enough to justify a search, and your own admissions seal the deal (in fact, possession has nothing to do with ownership, so you're likely to have been charged anyhow).

You should also get help with your substance abuse problem. You have the classic definition of the disorder.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">