• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yoga/Pilates studio misleading customers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Laurensenecal

What is the name of your state? Utah
I have been a member of this yoga/Pilates studio in my college town for 2 months now. The location I go to is considered the “downtown” location versus the “riverside” location(same company). The difference between the two studios is the amount of classes. The downtown location has about 7 classes a day, whereas the riverside location has 15-20 classes a day. They are both the same company, just different locations. The downtown location(which I have a membership for), costs $29(unlimited classes) a month and you must commit to 3 months of membership. The riverside location costs around $60(unlimited classes)per month(not sure on membership length requirements). This is just to give you backstory on my dilemma, which is that the downtown location is closing and they have not told any customers, and they are still encouraging new members to sign up for a minimum of 3 months. I was billed 2 days ago for a new month, and I went to check the class schedule for the week and the last day for classes is tomorrow. However, the riverside location has plenty of classes. I decided to text my friend that I go to yoga with and she said her friend that works there said that they are consolidating studios into the riverside location because the downtown one was kicked out of their building. I don’t know what to do because they aren’t notifying any members and are still seeking people to purchase memberships at a location that will be closed after tomorrow. The membership at the riverside location is twice as much as what I was paying. What should I do?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state? Utah
I have been a member of this yoga/Pilates studio in my college town for 2 months now. The location I go to is considered the “downtown” location versus the “riverside” location(same company). The difference between the two studios is the amount of classes. The downtown location has about 7 classes a day, whereas the riverside location has 15-20 classes a day. They are both the same company, just different locations. The downtown location(which I have a membership for), costs $29(unlimited classes) a month and you must commit to 3 months of membership. The riverside location costs around $60(unlimited classes)per month(not sure on membership length requirements). This is just to give you backstory on my dilemma, which is that the downtown location is closing and they have not told any customers, and they are still encouraging new members to sign up for a minimum of 3 months. I was billed 2 days ago for a new month, and I went to check the class schedule for the week and the last day for classes is tomorrow. However, the riverside location has plenty of classes. I decided to text my friend that I go to yoga with and she said her friend that works there said that they are consolidating studios into the riverside location because the downtown one was kicked out of their building. I don’t know what to do because they aren’t notifying any members and are still seeking people to purchase memberships at a location that will be closed after tomorrow. The membership at the riverside location is twice as much as what I was paying. What should I do?
I'd likely ask them how they plan to accommodate my membership with their lack of classes/closure. Really - all you have is third-hand information from a friend of a friend. Go to the source.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">