• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

You guys are great- One final question regarding Chap 7 and my income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NH
My friends who did Chap 7 said there is no way i will qualify- like they know all the bills i pay
My net income is 2600 per month-
I make a good living but my rent alone for a 1bedroom is 1100.(Good old New England rent)
Anyway, I did one of those Expense things that the lawyer will make me do and i was at -400.00 per month And i didnt stretch any of those estimates.
Thats not even counting the 2 credit card companies that will everntually be suing (The two Providian accounts that have gone to different attorneys, one is sending me letters- the account is at 8000. I just wanted to check with you guys before i make my appt. Should i consider Chapter 13? Pros/Cons? How much of a deficit do you need to qualify. I have NO assets, other than 2500 in two bank accounts atany given time.
Even though my former girlfriend ran up those two cards when she left, i should have paid but i was going through a jobl loss/ ect. Want to do the honorable thing but i think its too late. Oh well.

Ladynred

Your 'friends' are full of chowda !!!

There is no 'qualifying' for CH 7 based on your income, that is not the 'test' at all. What matters is disposable income - what you have LEFT OVER after all your normal living expenses are paid. If you're under $100 of disposable income, and you're number is -$40, then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to go thru with a CH 7.

People who file for Ch 13 either have too much disposable income, are in arrears on secured debts, have too much in non-exempt assets, or they simply want that warm-fuzzy of paying everyone. As long as they're willing to live on a strangulation budget for 3-5 years, then they survive a Ch 13. The fact is, 70% of all CH 13 plans FAIL - not good odds at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">