• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

young mom needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



this is a little complicated and a 2 parter. a young mom, well she is 28, was married and after having 2 children, her husband walked out on her and left her with their children, the youngest a baby at the time. they talked later and she let him have visitation. while he had them during the summer, he regestered their oldest in school in his area, than told her about it. she said they could try this and see if it was best for thechildren, but during this time he filed for custody of them. no formal custody dissision had been made before that. two years ago they got a devorce and 4 months ago he filed for child support. the devorce papers said he was not claiming for child support.she grosses 320 a week and after rent, electric, fuel, telephone,food and deductions from pay check, she doesn't have much left to live on. than she has had to pay someone to take her back and forth to work because she doesn't have a licence and i know for a fact it costs that person more than what is being paid for gas, because i am the one taking her. it is running us 300 a month, driving 160 miles a day but she lives so far from her work because the rent is cheaper for her. the court ordered 78 a week child support and i can not keep driving her to work for 5 a day. how can she get the court to see she can not afford what they ordered and she has tried getting custody and the court rules no. she can't afford to work and now she can't afford to quit. what can she do? a delemma from n.y.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential