• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Youngest child nearing 18 and mother has let him fail high school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t74

If he works rather than going to school, he should be co9nsidered emancipated..

The CP who does not amke sure child goes to school every day is more responsible than the NCP who has standard visitation, IMO, NCP should have pursued HS boot camp placement for truancy.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

The CP who does not amke sure child goes to school every day is more responsible than the NCP who has standard visitation, IMO, NCP should have pursued HS boot camp placement for truancy.
The child IS attending school, and many kids work while attending school.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Although he may only be workin p/t - but it still means he's employable. Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't be happy about it were it my kid. But I'd also have spent the 9 years being actively involved, rather than pointing fingers at Mom.
NCP should have done *something* He was local enough to exercise eow and Thursdays. I doubt the kid stopped doing schoolwork and started ditching a couple of months ago - I'd hazard a guess that issues popped up during Middle School. That's when a lot of kids start to slack off, ime. But Dad prefers to point fingers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">