• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

your opinions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?New York

Imagine a case where a very stupid and cocky 18-year-old was walking down the streets of Manhattan sipping from a beer in a brown paper bag. The cops pull up and demand to know what he/she is drinking and to see id. Due to sheer intimidation said 18-year-old yields to the cops wishes and presents a fake i.d. with a real name, but a false address and DOB. The cop writes up two summons papers. One for having an open alcohol container and the other for possession of alcohol by a minor with intent to consume. No mention of the fake i.d. (which let's say was confiscated), but the fake address is listed on the summons.

What would be the best course of acton for the aforementioned 18-year-old to take (in addition to showing up for court)?

What could one expect in terms of punishment for the above?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential