• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

YouTube Channel Ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leen202011

Hi .. I have 2 questions:

1- can 2 people share YouTube channel ownership? does YouTube support that or should be contract ?

2- What if there is another name same name as my channel, is that a problem? (but it is not really active, and another one has the same name but their content not same as mine).

appreciate your help.

Last edited:

LdiJ

1- can 2 people share YouTube channel ownership? does YouTube support that or should be contract ?
You would have to ask YouTube about that.

2- What is there is another name same name as my channel can, is that a problem? but not really active, and another one same name but their content not same as mine.

appreciate your help.
Again, you would have to ask YouTube about that, however, odds are that they won't allow two different channels to have the same name.

Leen202011

I have Emailed them, but meanwhile I would like to know if any lawyer can help ( especially if they don't register 2 owners ) does a contract between 2 owners while its registered under one of them could fix the issue ?

PayrollHRGuy

I have Emailed them, but meanwhile I would like to know if any lawyer can help ( especially if they don't register 2 owners ) does a contract between 2 owners while its registered under one of them could fix the issue ?
A properly written contract would certainly be how most people would deal with the issue.

quincy

2- What if there is another name same name as my channel, is that a problem? (but it is not really active, and another one has the same name but their content not same as mine).

appreciate your help.
YouTube offers a lot of support to those setting up channels.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1646861?hl=en

You should set up your YouTube channel with a unique brand name to distinguish your channel from all others and to avoid infringing on anyone else’s rights. Do not use someone else’s name.

It is easiest to first set up a personal account for only you and then add team members to help you manage your channel.

A written agreement is best drafted by an attorney. It should detail all terms and conditions of your business relationship so you and your business partners are clear as to what roles you each will play and what is expected. Make sure you include a provision in your agreement on how to terminate the business relationship. Your goal with the agreement will be to address in advance all possible problems that could arise so, if a dispute arises later, the agreement spells out how to resolve it.

Good luck.

zddoodah

can 2 people share YouTube channel ownership?
I'm not sure what you mean by "channel ownership." I doubt that having a YT channel confers any property interest on the person who operates the channel.

does YouTube support that
This doesn't appear to be a legal question; you'd have to ask YT.

or should be contract ?
Huh?

What if there is another name same name as my channel, is that a problem?
Ummm...it's no problem for me. Is it a problem for you?

I would like to know if any lawyer can help
Help you do what?

does a contract between 2 owners while its registered under one of them could fix the issue ?
What issue?

You haven't described any problem or issue, and all of your intelligible questions appear to be factual (not legal) questions based on the terms and conditions of a website.

quincy

Sharing the same name can be a legal issue. Trademark infringement.

Drawing up a business contract can be a legal issue.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">