• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deciding proces of Supreme Court Justices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alina5

Hello,
I guess my question is quite unusual but I'm taking part in a competiton named "I know America" and I can't handle with one of the questions. The question is:
"How many Supreme Court Justices must take part in deciding a particular case for that ruling to be official today?
a) at least 6
b) at least 7
c) majority out of the number of justices on the bench
d) there is no required number"

For Americans it may be silly question but I'm from Europe and I just can't find the right (reliable) answear (I hope I'm not offending anyone by asking this perhaps silly question and wasting your time).

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Hello,
I guess my question is quite unusual but I'm taking part in a competiton named "I know America" and I can't handle with one of the questions. The question is:
"How many Supreme Court Justices must take part in deciding a particular case for that ruling to be official today?
a) at least 6
b) at least 7
c) majority out of the number of justices on the bench
d) there is no required number"

For Americans it may be silly question but I'm from Europe and I just can't find the right (reliable) answear (I hope I'm not offending anyone by asking this perhaps silly question and wasting your time).
You'll find the answer in the U.S. code, which is a compilation of the permanent laws passed by Congress. Specifically, take a look at 28 U.S.C. § 1. You'll find the U.S. Code online from Congress at: http://uscode.house.gov/search/criteria.shtml

justalayman

You'll find the answer in the U.S. code, which is a compilation of the permanent laws passed by Congress. Specifically, take a look at 28 U.S.C. § 1. You'll find the U.S. Code online from Congress at: http://uscode.house.gov/search/criteria.shtml
I love it; teaching a man to fish. Thumbs up to ya TM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">