• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

free speech

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amb

Does prohibiting defamation or slander in violation of the first amendment?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

amb said:
Does prohibiting defamation or slander in violation of the first amendment?
My response:

No. The U.S. Supreme Court has, over the years, stated and reaffirmed, that the First Amendment is NOT an absolute.

As with any rule, there are exceptions.

Can you legally yell "FIRE !! " in a crowded theater ?

No.

IAAL

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

No. The First Amendment is, if nothing else, not a license to lie.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

HomeGuru said:
Jack Mevorach said:

My response:

Whereas the IRC on the other hand is a license to steal.

HomeGuru
"Government license"?

On other matters, we now have a General Questions sub-category in Real Estate. I thought that a good development. You?

I've suggested:

COURTS, LAWYERS AND LITIGATION

- Lawyers and Litigation

- Small Claims Court

- US Supreme Court and Constitution

They need a sub-category for questions on Lawyers and Litigation. What do you think?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Jack Mevorach said:
HomeGuru said:
Jack Mevorach said:

Whereas the IRC on the other hand is a license to steal.

HomeGuru
"Government license"?

On other matters, we now have a General Questions sub-category in Real Estate. I thought that a good development. You?

I've suggested:

COURTS, LAWYERS AND LITIGATION

- Lawyers and Litigation

- Small Claims Court

- US Supreme Court and Constitution

They need a sub-category for questions on Lawyers and Litigation. What do you think?

My response:

Jack, I think you're wonderful . . . you do know that, don't you ?

However, more categories ? While I agree with you in theory, the reality of this subcategory shlock is that our writers are much more confused than we are.

For instance, we've seen criminal matters posted on the Family Law Boards. We've had non-Constitutional matters posted on the Constitution Board, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Perhaps you don't remember the way it used to be (I can't recall if you were around about a month or so ago), however it was a lot simpler then. The Powers that Be just messed things up with this "Great Experiment".

Let's not encourage them with more.

IAAL

HomeGuru

LegalBeagle said:
I lose track on which boards I post to.. which means I miss a lot of follow-up.. so, the posters suffer..
HomeGuru response: yeah me too. Now what was your real estate question Sir? Oops, what Board are we on now?

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

IAAL,

Thank you for those kind words. I truly appreciate them.

I just feel badly for folks who click on COURTS, LAWYERS AND LITIGATION, and then don't know where to ask their questions about Lawyers and Litigation.

It's illogical and unorganized - completely not me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">