• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Base pay, plus commission. NO commission paid! & other related issues.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

watertrucker

What is the name of your state? Texas. When I started to work for the automobile transporting employer She told me I would get 400 dollers a week plus a commission on everything I "found" on my own, meaning that if someone called me and asked me for the service of the company truck I drive, and I do it for them, at the rate that the company charges, then I would get a percentage of that money paid for that work that was done. I have NEVER recieved ANY commission for ANY of the commission work that I have brought to that company.
ANOTHER ISSUE: She (my boss) deducted for phone overages! (company phone too!) In the company paperwork I signed it DID say that they would provide a phone and pay up to 75 dollers of the phone bill but that the employee's wages WOULD be garnished if there were any overage charges. Problem is, The companies cell phone plan didn't have NEAR enough "anytime" minutes to cover the amount of usage I had to use. To top it off, that particular phone I was using was one of three phone under the same plan. I had one, my boss had one, and another contract driver had one. I have seen my bos use her cell phone many time for business, get put on hold for long amounts of minutes at a time and then some. The point is the phone contract she had didn't have enough "anytime" minutes. Had she bought more, then these phone overage charges and deductions from my paychecks thereof, would not have occured! If she would have bought a differant phone plan with more minutes it would have costed her more money than the plan she had....and she just didn't want to fork out the amount needed! So with three phones on the one plan, the anytime minutes went quick, then I was stuck with having to pay overage charges! And I just don't think that that is fair.
ANOTHER RELATED ISSUE: Like I stated, I get 400 dollers a week base pay (plus commission, which I never got). Now that's wasn't 400 dollers a week by the hour. That was 400 dollers a week...meaning 400 dollers whether I work three days a week, 5 days a week, or even 2 days a week and a few hours. Well, work got slow, not my fault. She got REAL slow on paycheck times, weeks at a time. I was having to ask her when I could collect a paycheck for crying out loud! So this last paycheck took the cake. SHE DEDUCTED OUT FOR DAYS THAT SHE CLAIMED THAT I DID NOT COME TO WORK!! I DID COME TO WORK!! But there was no work there for me to do! Nothing! No cars to deliver, no cars to go pick up! Only an occassional call for a tow now and then. Point is I was on company time, not my time. It got so bad that she gave me a half a day off ONE day. I don't feel the deductions were right.
ANOTHER RELATED ISSUE: Here is a kicker: She would send me on trips out of town to pick up or deliver cars. She first started giving me cash to use for refueling. Sometimes it wouldn't be quite enough, so I ended up paying for the fuel out of my own money. She would reimburse me. Well..work was slow,money was tight,she got behind, she would pay me when she could,and that was fine with me, I beleived her. Pay check after paycheck it never showed up. Then she gives me a credit card instead of giving me cash for refueling. She would only put so much on the account at a time. Sometimes the card wouldn't work, not enough money on it. So I'd call her. She would put money on it and I'd continue refueling. Well..the office closes at 5 p.m., and she's gone by then. More than once I have been out of town delivering or picking up after 5 p.m. and needed fuel and so went to a fuel stop, put in the card, the card doesn't work, I call the office,no answe, so I'm stuck with having to use my own money just to get home on! And so, she got behind and didn't pay me all of that.
ANOTHER ISSUE: There were things the truck needed...oil,power stearing fluid,licence plate light assembley, ect. ect. The company paperwork I signed says I am to use my own money to pay for whatever the truck needs and then turn in reciepts. I did. She got behind on paying that back. Then like I said..this last paycheck she sprung it on me. Here is what the company owes you and here is what you owe the company. She took out for phone overages, she took out for days she says I missed, she didn't even pay me for all of my money I spent on stuff for the truck! And she has NEVER paid me for any of the commission work I brought to the company (and company records can prove it).
ANOTHER ISSUE: So after she gave me that last check and told me all that stuff about what I owe the company and what the company owes me I cracked. I politely told her that I didn't agree and explained why, and she gave me her reply, and that's when I told her that I was now giving her my 30 day notice and that after that time I will be starting work elsewhere. Her reply was something to the effect of "okay I understand, but from here on out we are going to be paying you commission". I hate to ask what commission means to her.
Anyway. I start a new job in after 1-1-07. I feel that this is serious stuff here. I don't think that I can afford an attorney on this issue due to the fact that from what I have calculated the company only owes me possibley 2 to 3 thousand dollers,if that much. I won't know exactlly until after I supena company record. can someone give me some advice as to how to handle all of this? I need some help here. Thanks.

Last edited:

moburkes

I'd love to help you...as soon as you
1. Remove all irrelevant information.
2. Use paragraphs and lots of white spaces to make it more legible.
3. Ask a legal question besides "Can someone help me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">