+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HRZ View Post
    no you are not wasting your time ...but from what I read GA is not a very employee friendly state on such matters ...and you need to be able to prove all the points that bonus was earned per the enmploers rules...if there is a rule you forgot and flunked that rule it may be game over.

Can you prove the pro rata payouts ?
    Not at all. All I know is what employees have told their bonuses. But I canít prove this is official company practice.

1/2/18 to 4/2/18 is not a "quarter". The quarter began 1/1/18.

Quote Originally Posted by PayrollHRGuy View Post
    1/2/18 to 4/2/18 is not a "quarter". The quarter began 1/1/18.
    Yes, but 1/1 is New Year's Day so the quarter does not start until 1/2.

Then in which quarter does 1/1 exist?

Quote Originally Posted by PayrollHRGuy View Post
    Then in which quarter does 1/1 exist?
    You’re correct. I contend I was employed through the duration of 1 quarter. The statement I received from the company was that I was not employed long enough to merit a bonus but there a string of emails between my manager and I where I asked about my eligibility regarding the bonus. I asked “am I eligible immediately (at start) or is there a waiting period”. He replied “You will be at the very beginning of the Q1 bonus for 2018, you are immediately eligible”.

This conversation took place at the end of December 2017.

Does this help me at all?

Last edited by Jscott727; 04-15-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Are the employees who received the bonus still working there? Can you point to any other employee who left after a single quarter, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway? For that matter, can you point to any employee who left after any length of employment, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway?

Two things I am tired of typing: 1.) A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. 2.) The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding contract or CBA expressly says otherwise. If it does, the terms of the contract apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbg View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.

Are the employees who received the bonus still working there? Can you point to any other employee who left after a single quarter, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway? For that matter, can you point to any employee who left after any length of employment, was not there at the time of the payout, but received the bonus anyway?
    I donít know the employee personally however I know he was compensated after leaving early and I know how to contact him.

How long was the employee in question there?

Two things I am tired of typing: 1.) A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do; it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. 2.) The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding contract or CBA expressly says otherwise. If it does, the terms of the contract apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbg View Post
    How long was the employee in question there?
    Less than a full quarter

Then THAT's what might help you. It's not by any stretch of the imagination a guarantee that you'll win - you and the other employee may not have had the same arrangement you did. But it's a much stronger argument than, "Well, it doesn't SAY I don't get the bonus if I quit after one quarter".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12