• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract details and two posts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anju

Hello

Hope you can help. I am currently a research fellow at a UK university. It is not a postdoc I think. In fact, the research fellow post I applied for did not require a PhD, which I hold. so according to me the research fellow cannot be a postdoc. Is this correct? The research fellow post has not required me to produce publications. Recently, I was offered a postdoctoral in my area (In India) to produce publications, which is ideal. Here is my dilemma which I need help answering...

1. The research fellow contract has been about applying for funding and doing adhoc research...I was told that I should now produce journal papers from my PhD. I was told that I work very well and that the amount of work I have done over six months is something expected from someone working for two years. They feel that they need to show they have gained from me if I had to one day leave. If I could work so well with funding, they imagine I will do well with journals. Can my job description change without a new contract. I am also on contract research.

2. As mentioned I have been offered a postdoc to produce papers. Due to financial reasons I wanted to keep the research fellow and do a postdoc at the same time. IS this OK? It would be manageable if the job descriptions remain as is. In addition, if I am now asked to produce journal papers for the research fellow post it will conflict with postdoc and which institutional name will go on journal paper!!!

Can I also legally hold two positions? Also, if the research fellow post says I am to work 20 hours a week, but I work full time. But my manger says that it is a full time post. The salary does cover for full time, but then again I am sure one gets paid more for part-time work? Very confused...:(

Any guidance please...

:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">