• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Issue Need Help Desperately AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

codyhayes

Arizona

My young sister's bank issued her a 'dummy' void check with her banks routing # and all the forms necessary for direct deposit at her new workplace. My sister told the HR person at her workplace that it was in fact a 'dummy/phony' check and provided her with all additional info on her bank account on separate sheet of paper. To be clear, my sister is adamant that she asked and clarified multiple times that it was a void check. For the sake of clarification lets call my sister Alexa, and this other person on the dummy check Lisa.

The problem began when the teller at her bank issued A REAL check with Lisa's REAL ACCOUNT and actual information related to the person's name on the phony check -- it wasn't a void/phony/dummy check but the teller at her bank actually issued her a real check and all of this person's information related to direct deposit.

The HR person at my sisters work doesn't listen to my sister telling her that her ACTUAL info is on a separate page and the HR person enters in Lisa's check information, bank account, address, name, etc... and Alexa's first direct deposit comes through (bi-weekly) and goes straight into Lisa's bank account.

Alexa calls her bank and notifies them that she isnt getting paid. She notifies her employer she isn't getting paid. Her bank apologies to Alexa (basically they have handed her ALL of someone elses personal information, red flag to me because thats illegal) and communicates with her employer and they supposedly fix the issue. THE BANK credits her account with the exact amount of owed wages, and deducts it from Lisa's account.

NEXT PAYCHECK:
Goes straight into Lisa's bank account once again. Lisa is very aware that biweekly she is getting unknown deposits on a certain day, Lisa immediately withdraws the amount ($700). Alexa talks to HR at work and there is "nothing they can do". Same with the bank. We are a lower class family with minimal funds for legal fees.

Shes come home from work two days in a row sobbing, toyota keeps double-withdrawing her car payment by accident every month (and she isnt getting paid) so shes currently in the -300's (NSF fees) because she made purchases and was unaware the wrong transfer happened AGAIN. She should be +120 with a $700 deposit coming, instead shes at about $-350 with 3 minor charges pending, that will incure 3 more $36NSF fees.

Please help, idk what the next step is, I can get her to clarify anything if need be but thats everything I know. It was just her birthday and im not financially sound enough currently to really step in and help her out by depositing 350 in her account to avoid MORE fees.

I really appreciate any advice or links to pro bono or phoenix area lawyers related to the workplace. [/B][/B]

I think we've got sound evidence of a workplace grievance, I kind of also believe the HR person is telling her there is nothing she can do in order to save her own job because thats a pretty big mess up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">