• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Contractor not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I did a couple of jobs in June for a company who was supposed to pay on July 15th. The recruiter never submitted my work for me to be paid. When I noticed that it was not showing up as pending, I contacted them. They said they sent me numerous emails to turn in my paperwork. I asked them for proof of the emails and sent them proof that I had sent in my work. They could not provide proof of their statements.

Now they are saying I have to wait until August 15th to be paid and yet, the work is still not showing up in my online profile as pending payment (which it should). It is a very small amount but I did do the work and am entitled to be paid. Does the Labor Department have any jurisdiction over independent contractors ? Or would I have to take them to small claims court ?

The last time I worked for them I received a bunch of emails from other contractors who were upset that their jobs had been disqualified for payment (mine wasn't). So this company makes me nervous.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you were an IC and not an employee, you will have to go through small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">