• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manager asked me to start clocking out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Make a stink. It's a metaphor. Worst you can get is fired. Which they can do if they don't like her hair color, or whatever inane banalities you trump voters like to cite about legal reasons to fire someone./
However much you may hate Trump, employment at will has been the basic principle of employment in this country for two centuries. You cannot pin that on Trump. And while there are those on the liberal/progressive side of things that advocate going the way of France, Spain, and other continental European nations and requiring good cause to fire someone, I doubt that any U.S. states will go that route any time soon. There are serious drawbacks to that approach and while continental European countries are generally happy with the trade-offs involved in that choice, I don’t see it suiting the U.S.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Make a stink. It's a metaphor. Worst you can get is fired. Which they can do if they don't like her hair color, or whatever inane banalities you trump voters like to cite about legal reasons to fire someone./
Knock it off. Now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">