• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not getting paid my commissions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SalesRepNJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
I am a commissioned sales representative for a company out of Utah and have NOT received any commissions since October of 2017 which were the commissions paid by my customers in September. It is now the 21st of January 2018. How long does the company have to pay commissions to a 1099 employee? They have paid me a week or two late in the past but never three months late. They are still in operation and I have sent in over $100,000 worth of orders since my last paycheck. What can I do? I appreciate any help.

eerelations

First, there's no such thing as a "1099 employee" - people are either employees or they are ICs. Never both. From your post it sounds like you are an IC.

There are no laws governing the payment of commissions to ICs. This is a contractual issue. The answers to your questions will be in the part of your contract that's concerned with the payment of commissions.

HRZ

DIg deeper , beyond my skills.....IF you are true independent sales rep in NJ you might be entitled to 4X your commissions plus attorney fees ..even against an out of state employer . NJ has an act protecting sales reps .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">