• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stiegerwald

What is the name of your state? PA

I did work with a man in georgia via internett. he failed to pay me, where would i file a small claims court at? my local courthouse or would i have to file one in georgia.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The state in which you actually did the work. But before you go to small claims court, try calling the state DOL. They may be able to assist you.

HomeGuru

stiegerwald said:
What is the name of your state? PA

I did work with a man in georgia via internett. he failed to pay me, where would i file a small claims court at? my local courthouse or would i have to file one in georgia.
**A: are you sure he did not email you a check?

stiegerwald

postive he did not email me a check. he refused to pay me because i wrote a bad review about him because he faild to pay me, also i sent him an email asking for my payment in a week or i would have to take it to small claims court. and he emailed me back stating that he would file harassement charges against me if i try to contact him again.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then don't contact him again. Do what I suggested and call the state DOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">