• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Double damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steffenfield

What is the time allotted for an executor to not provide anything and a request for this amount withholding to be doubled?

I've looked online and found something like, "Stealing from an Estate Can Lead to Double Damages Under Michigan Law".

It only gave a scenario, no time frame though.

Please and thanks.

-From Michigan

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
If this is related (as I assume it is) to your other post, it's preferable to keep your related posts to one thread. Thanks.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/wills-trusts-estate-planning-113/looking-forensic-accountant-646502.html

HRZ

Many of the issues you raise may be outside the area of probate administration...but is Sis never filed the will for probate then nothing was ever done properly in terms of administration ...and even if there was no will there should be a paper trail as to intestate administration...but you claim there was a will. at least as posted there never was a proper executor .

HRZ

Just a lay thought..it might be simpler for you to seek formal administration under intestacy based on an unavailable will...and if so appointed it gives you some official powers to dig into estate and sums that might be owed to it etc ..but I doubt you have good odds are much of anything absent good paid counsel

Steffenfield

Just a lay thought..it might be simpler for you to seek formal administration under intestacy based on an unavailable will...and if so appointed it gives you some official powers to dig into estate and sums that might be owed to it etc ..but I doubt you have good odds are much of anything absent good paid counsel
I like your thought on this, and I did hire paid counsel through an online accountant.

All I wanted and asked of my sister is for a DVD of our home movies my mother put together.

I even gave her my virtual drive online so she didn't have to mail that.

I guess I was looking for some kind of scare tactic on her to actually do something. :/

Anyway, I should probably stop posting here.

Thank you all who have helped me in getting this far. <3

HRZ

Matters of emotion are hard if not impossible to resolve by legal process...if you have a basis to think you were shorted on some economic matter under distribution process...that might make sense to pursue .

My crystal ball went into fog about home movies

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I like your thought on this, and I did hire paid counsel through an online accountant.

All I wanted and asked of my sister is for a DVD of our home movies my mother put together.

I even gave her my virtual drive online so she didn't have to mail that.

I guess I was looking for some kind of scare tactic on her to actually do something. :/

Anyway, I should probably stop posting here.

Thank you all who have helped me in getting this far. <3
Here's the thing: how would you value your damages from not getting the home movies? (Hint: you can't.)

I get that you're upset. But I'm afraid that you're simply wasting your money and your time in pursuing this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">