• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guidance in MN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HelpmeinMN

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MN

My Father passed away in Jan. of 05 and I'm looking for some guidance.

He bought a home before he married his 2nd wife. He had refinanced his home in 2003 and added her to deed. He passed away leaving a 42,000 balance on mortgage. In his will I was to be the sole beneficiary to his estate. We understand that that property is held in Joint Tenancy as stated on deed. We have been lead to believe that she is responsible for the mortgage because she owns the asset(Estate attorneys words). Is this true? or will estate owe the remainder of mortgage? The fact that he bought the home before his marriage make any difference? I'm hoping someone can lead me in the right direction before we have to hire our own attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">