• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changes at final hearing + submitting evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sheryl1030

Pennsylvania-
I've been in front of the workman's comp judge 4X now, trying to get my benefits reinstated.The first time my lawyer said I did a great testimony and did well with the cross exam.from my employers lawyer.They also then filed to terminate benefits based on full recovery.They also had the store mgr. testify and this last final hearing was supposed to be for me to do a rebutal to his testimony and update the judge to my health since my last testimony(last year)and to submit Doctor depositions etc.I know the guidelines of how you are supposed to act and answer when being crossed examined but this time I broke just about all the rules.I was caught off guard by the employers attorney because he was taking my words from my original testimony and changing context and rambling off these dates to me saying, "Isn't it true you told your honor"etc. I was so worried about contradicting myself that instead of calmly asking him to slow down so I could process what he was saying, I instead tried to keep up and didn't even know what I was answering and I may have hurt my case even though my lawyer said It wasn't my fault because he was brutal!I think my lawyer should have warned or prepared me for this and not let me think they were just going to ask about the mgrs.testimony.Can I send a letter to the judge to request change in part of my testimony?
Can I send an apology to the court for getting loud and upset or will he think I'm trying to sway his final answer The truth is I just dont want it to damage my credibility. THANKS + PLEASE HELP
Also,I had this letter from my employer that my lawyer said he wasn't going to submit it cause it wouldn't make or break my case but I thought the judge should see it anyway,so he said he would and then he didn't.He told me not to be mad at him but he didn't think it was necessary.I disagree!The lawyer has 30 days to submit there final summary.Should I or could I submit it myself.

Have a Healthy + Happy Day! Sheryl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">