• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired after on the job injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeslev

colorado
had on the job injury 2-2-01 (injured heel-receive 6 stitches); told to resume working after seeing Safeway's workmens comp dr; after 2 mos this dr discontinued my workmens comp treatment.; during all this time it's been harder & harder to walk on my foot but as the dr. terminated treatment, was told no more light duty (could rest foot whenever needed to but still put in 8 hrs); return to work on full duty (am a grocery clerk carry-out & cashier)..kept trying to work but pain increasingly worse.
Got attorney to fight for workmen's comp case; going for i.m.e. tomorrow, but found out last week I was terminated from my job as I had ben unable to work full time as tho I was uninjured.
Haven't had an income for 3-4 mos waiting for this issue to be resolved; now I have no job..
can they do that?

W

wakemeup

ASK a Lawyer!!! ASAP

Seek advice from a lawyer. What does the union have to say about this??? surley they should be able to help..but more and more I beleive the Unions are on managments side about things ..always go all the way in grievens issues never settle on anything, Stand up for yourself.but be prepaired to get picked on and petty reprimands from management allways do the right thing and they can't do anything more than pick on you ..all we can do is try to ignore those petty reprimands and understand its all part of the game and don't let the *******s get you down...
And they wonder why employees are shooting up the place!! go figure

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">