• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forged Documentation/workplace harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrifka

Hello,
I'm going to start by saying thank you for your time. If you can't help me though please forward this email to someone who can. I'm currently trying to obtain cell phone records to indicate that I was in another location for an issue with my last job that was in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This started with several harassment complaints and when I was denied speaking with someone within the company face to face the situation had grown so severe I began to experience forms of PTSD. I was informed by the company that after my last day on 12/20/16 I supposedly worked over 40+ hrs. I need to provide phone records to prove that I never even stepped foot in a store even to this day. There are forged documents in their records including but not limited to manual punches approved by in store management. I asked about the CCTV footage and it was on file for 90 days. Now knowing today's technology if I was a terrorist then it would be no problem to recover footage that's been over written from the hard drives. I have tried to contact legal firms in Colorado but I literally have not received any responses other than that particular firm doesn't handle that specific kind of case. I have more than enough email exchanges in my records to indicate that the integrity of how the harassment was improperly handled and proof that they stated I was there when I wasn't. I just need to obtain cell tower locations I used after 12/20/16 and provide this to them. I know I made several call in locations that will not correlate to the times that are stated I was in the building. When I contacted the phone company I was told I would need to have an attorney acquire the records. Being this is out of state how can I have a lawyer here help me obtain cell records from a nation wide company to help me there? Email is preferred due to anxiety.

quincy

Hello,
I'm going to start by saying thank you for your time. If you can't help me though please forward this email to someone who can. I'm currently trying to obtain cell phone records to indicate that I was in another location for an issue with my last job that was in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This started with several harassment complaints and when I was denied speaking with someone within the company face to face the situation had grown so severe I began to experience forms of PTSD. I was informed by the company that after my last day on 12/20/16 I supposedly worked over 40+ hrs. I need to provide phone records to prove that I never even stepped foot in a store even to this day. There are forged documents in their records including but not limited to manual punches approved by in store management I asked about the CCTV footage and it was on file for 90 days. Now knowing today's technology if I was a terrorist then it would be no problem to recover footage that's been over written from the hard drives. I have tried to contact legal firms in Colorado but I literally have not received any responses other than that particular firm doesn't handle that specific kind of case. I have more than enough email exchanges in my records to indicate that the integrity of how the harassment was improperly handled and proof that they stated I was there when I wasn't. I just need to obtain cell tower locations I used after 12/20/16 and provide this to them. I know I made several call in locations that will not correlate to the times that are stated I was in the building. When I contacted the phone company I was told I would need to have an attorney acquire the records. Being this is out of state how can I have a lawyer here help me obtain cell records from a nation wide company to help me there? Email is preferred due to anxiety.
The volunteers on FreeAdvice do not provide advice by emailing posters. It is against the terms of use on this site.

You should continue to try to locate an attorney in your area to assist you in getting a subpoena for the cell phone records you need. If this is the extent of your need for an attorney, however, you may have difficulty enticing an attorney to help. In addition, I am not seeing in what you have posted a good reason for obtaining the records. A personal review of all facts of your situation seems necessary.

You can try to find an attorney through your state Bar Association or through AttorneyPages.com.

Good luck.

Last edited:

MGrifka

The volunteers on FreeAdvice do not provide advice by emailing posters. It is against the terms of use on this site.

You should continue to try to locate an attorney in your area to assist you in getting a subpoena for the cell phone records you need. If this is the extent of your need for an attorney, however, you may have difficulty enticing an attorney to help. In addition, I am not seeing in what you have posted a good reason for obtaining the records. A personal review of all facts of your situation seems necessary.

You can try to find an attorney through your state Bar Association or through AttorneyPages.com.

Good luck.
They said I was in the building and working when I was elsewhere. To me that's some kind of fraud.

quincy

They said I was in the building and working when I was elsewhere. To me that's some kind of fraud.
It would not be fraud. It might just be a mistake. If someone punched your time card for you (or without your knowledge), that could be fraud.

With what you earlier posted, however, it appears your concerns are many and your situation complicated. I am afraid the assistance you need might exceed the scope of this forum.

MGrifka

It would not be fraud. It might just be a mistake. If someone punched your time card for you (or without your knowledge), that could be fraud.

With what you earlier posted, however, it appears your concerns are many and your situation complicated. I am afraid the assistance you need might exceed the scope of this forum.
First I would like to apologize if I came off rude. I'm talking over a week of punches with the last being a manual punch. I wasn't ever in the building and they are not able to prove I was under any circumstances. I've sent identity left forms to the IRS about this. For me to prove this I need to provide cell phone information. That's what they told me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
First I would like to apologize if I came off rude. I'm talking over a week of punches with the last being a manual punch. I wasn't ever in the building and they are not able to prove I was under any circumstances. I've sent identity left forms to the IRS about this. For me to prove this I need to provide cell phone information. That's what they told me.
What did you get the IRS involved for? What identity theft? Your are being a bit over the top on this...really.

PayrollHRGuy

What is the negative outcome of them thinking you were in the building? Were you fired for this?

Also, just because your phone was used someplace else doesn't mean you were the one that used it.

quincy

You didn't come off as rude at all, so there is no need to apologize, MGrifka.

Your post was a bit confusing, though, and you appear to have multiple issues that require a personal review (which we can't do on this forum).

Perhaps if you state very simply what the problem is that you are having, we might be able to assist in some way.

MGrifka

You didn't come off as rude at all, so there is no need to apologize, MGrifka.

Your post was a bit confusing, though, and you appear to have multiple issues that require a personal review (which we can't do on this forum).

Perhaps if you state very simply what the problem is that you are having, we might be able to assist in some way.
Throughout the course of 2016 while I worked for Best Buy #212 I filed several complaints with human resources. At one point I gave them specific dates and times on the cctv to look at that clearly depicted harassment in different forms. Not once was I spoken to face to face of had the matter addressed or resolved. I was never asked to explain what was in the video even though it was clearly seen. After filing the claims it spilled out of the job and into my personal life. I developed anxiety in different ways. I only spoke to someone on the phone and that's it. After my last day in the building I resigned from my position and never stepped foot back into the building. According to their records which were given to me through email exchanges between myself and the company they said I worked several shifts. I asked if there was any proof to this. They only provided me with time punches. The last a manual with a managers approval. I contacted a lawyer about the matter in regards to harassment, but due to being over 6 months there wasn't much they could do. I'm trying to go about requesting some kind of subpoena to recover video footage. The paperwork itself can be forged or mistakes can be made. However, if someone is able to walk into a building for more than a week and work several hours with my information then that alone should send off red flags. I know that information can be recovered from the hard drives. I've done it before in my own free time several years ago. I'm sure the software has improved.
At first I wanted to see how they would make the ignored harassment issues right but now it's a matter of identity theft. I received payments and a w2 for time that I wasn't there. I told human resources I would even pay that back or just mail back the w2. They informed me that I would need to provide something that puts me in another place at the time and I made several phone calls during this. They asked to see this information. I contacted the phone company about this and I was told I would need a lawyer to acquire this information. Now what I'm not understanding is how phone records from this times I supposedly was in the building and on the clock can't be correlated with cctv footage to prove that I wasn't ever in the building.
Why would they say that a piece of paper with my signature on it and a manual punch with a managers approval for a day I wasn't there is good enough to say I was there. With no witnesses and no video or photographic proof of me physically being in the store how does that not send off any red flags for anyone? I have records of all the emails exchanged between the company and myself.

xylene

This is not a DIY situation, you need an attorney.

I'm not going to lie, something about your story sounds amiss. Stop contacting your former employer and let a lawyer handle it.

quincy

Throughout the course of 2016 while I worked for Best Buy #212 I filed several complaints with human resources. At one point I gave them specific dates and times on the cctv to look at that clearly depicted harassment in different forms. Not once was I spoken to face to face of had the matter addressed or resolved. I was never asked to explain what was in the video even though it was clearly seen. After filing the claims it spilled out of the job and into my personal life. I developed anxiety in different ways. I only spoke to someone on the phone and that's it. After my last day in the building I resigned from my position and never stepped foot back into the building. According to their records which were given to me through email exchanges between myself and the company they said I worked several shifts. I asked if there was any proof to this. They only provided me with time punches. The last a manual with a managers approval. I contacted a lawyer about the matter in regards to harassment, but due to being over 6 months there wasn't much they could do. I'm trying to go about requesting some kind of subpoena to recover video footage. The paperwork itself can be forged or mistakes can be made. However, if someone is able to walk into a building for more than a week and work several hours with my information then that alone should send off red flags. I know that information can be recovered from the hard drives. I've done it before in my own free time several years ago. I'm sure the software has improved.
At first I wanted to see how they would make the ignored harassment issues right but now it's a matter of identity theft. I received payments and a w2 for time that I wasn't there. I told human resources I would even pay that back or just mail back the w2. They informed me that I would need to provide something that puts me in another place at the time and I made several phone calls during this. They asked to see this information. I contacted the phone company about this and I was told I would need a lawyer to acquire this information. Now what I'm not understanding is how phone records from this times I supposedly was in the building and on the clock can't be correlated with cctv footage to prove that I wasn't ever in the building.
Why would they say that a piece of paper with my signature on it and a manual punch with a managers approval for a day I wasn't there is good enough to say I was there. With no witnesses and no video or photographic proof of me physically being in the store how does that not send off any red flags for anyone? I have records of all the emails exchanged between the company and myself.
I cannot understand why anyone would pretend to be you and work your hours. There seems to be no benefit to them in doing so.

Are YOU being investigated by the company for not working the hours the time card showed you worked (i.e., having someone punch in and out for you)?

Your clarification apparently did not clarify much for me. :)

MGrifka

This is not a DIY situation, you need an attorney.

I'm not going to lie, something about your story sounds amiss. Stop contacting your former employer and let a lawyer handle it.
The whole thing doesn't add up. I've provided them with everything that's been asked. When I ask for something they refused to answer.
I've sent messages about the matter to several firms and the only response I was given was that they don't practice in this area. I most likely have sent messages to just about every lawyer in Colorado Springs. I don't understand what I'm doing that's not even getting replies. It's strange. I'm not a beggar and I'm not asking for money. Compensation in that regard can be discussed later. I'm not looking to get billions. I'm looking for legal aid to help me prove to a judge and a jury if need be that what happened there and how it was handled was and is wrong. I've been upfront with the company about this during and after my employment. The morning after my last day in the building I sent my supervisor a resignation text. Because of how bad the harassment was I didn't even go outside till I moved from the state. What else would I need to do to take this to court. I can provide witnesses that put me in another place. Cell tower information to log my whereabouts. Even time stamps of things done through my phone. If that was the case them that might as well be time fraud on my part. I'm going over how I could even incriminate myself to show some kind of proof that the person they say was working wasn't me.
What kind of lawyer would I need to speak with to handle something like this? Would anyone here be able to recommend anyone or pass this to them?
There was a point I started buying food in packaging because I couldn't keep my lunch anywhere without someone doing something to it. Which I noted and gave them the exact times and cameras to look at. It was obvious.

MGrifka

I cannot understand why anyone would pretend to be you and work your hours. There seems to be no benefit to them in doing so.

Are YOU being investigated by the company for not working the hours the time card showed you worked (i.e., having someone punch in and out for you)?

Your clarification apparently did not clarify much for me. :)
No I'm not being investigated by the company. I was actually doing my own in the matter just to get to the bottom of what was going on. I'm currently employed and I regularly donate plasma. I'm not looking for handouts. It's a moral and principal matter that effects me long after I left the company. I just started socializing again. I started to go outside for walks. At one point there were rumors that I was some kind of rapist. I went to the lengths of contacting the police department on searching everything that I had to clear that up. The whole thing sis and was crazy.

xylene

I am sorry about your troubles.

In reading your posts, I can't help but notices certain things that while subtle, are very telling about your mental state.

I'm going to suggest to you, that you need the help of a psychiatrist. If only to help you deal with the trauma you've experienced.

quincy

No I'm not being investigated by the company. I was actually doing my own in the matter just to get to the bottom of what was going on. I'm currently employed and I regularly donate plasma. I'm not looking for handouts. It's a moral and principal matter that effects me long after I left the company. I just started socializing again. I started to go outside for walks. At one point there were rumors that I was some kind of rapist. I went to the lengths of contacting the police department on searching everything that I had to clear that up. The whole thing sis and was crazy.
Thank you for clarifying your situation, MGrifka.

I think I see one reason why you might be having difficulty finding an attorney to help you. Most lawyers, while interested in principles and morals, are primarily interested in legalities.

There does not appear to be a clear legal issue in what you are now describing. It sounds more like misunderstandings.

You can continue to try to find an attorney in your area to discuss your experience with your former employer but, like xylene, I think you might benefit more from medical help for your PTSD and anxiety.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">