• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Demone1020

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I hurt my back at work and doctor said it was pre exsting condition that had been exacrebated sent to ime said not work related. Sent to another ime that said same as first doctor. What happens next

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I hurt my back at work and doctor said it was pre exsting condition that had been exacrebated sent to ime said not work related. Sent to another ime that said same as first doctor. What happens next
If your claim was denied, you can request a hearing before the Georgia State Board of Workers Compensation.

Request Form WC-14 from the Georgia Board, 270 Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, Ga, 30303-1299 or go to http://www.sbwc.georgia.gov/

Good luck.

Demone1020

Yes I have a lawyer. Workman’s Comp doctor recommended lumbar surgery. Was sent to ime by insurance adjuster that said it was pre existing not work related. My lawyer sent me to another ime he said exasperated by accident need surgery. Just want to see if anyone knows what to expect now

quincy

Yes I have a lawyer. Workman’s Comp doctor recommended lumbar surgery. Was sent to ime by insurance adjuster that said it was pre existing not work related. My lawyer sent me to another ime he said exasperated by accident need surgery. Just want to see if anyone knows what to expect now
If you dispute the conclusion of the doctors who examined you, you can consult with your attorney who will advise you on your options now. Generally you will want to see a doctor of your own choosing and use this doctor's evaluation to support your workers compensation claim (assuming the doctor sees your condition as work-related).

You appeal the decision by doing what I stated before.

If you have an attorney, rely on his advice and direction.

Good luck.

PayrollHRGuy

From the Georgia State Board of Worker's Compensation "WORKERS’ COMPENSATION SUPERVISOR’S MANUAL" https://sbwc.georgia.gov/sites/sbwc.georgia.gov/files/related_files/site_page/SupervisorManual.pdf

What happens if an employee re-injuries a pre-existing condition or injury?
The workers’ compensation law limits the extent to which an aggravation of a pre-existing condition or injury is compensable. An aggravation of a pre-existing condition will only be found to be compensable while the aggravation is the cause of the disability. Once the aggravation resolves and the injured employee returns to the pre-injury condition, the claim will no longer be compensable.

Last edited:

quincy

The Georgia State Board site provides answers to the most common questions that are asked. It is a good source for accurate information.

Because Demone1020 has an attorney who can answer questions about Demone's specific situation that are not covered by the frequently asked questions on the Board site, though, this attorney is a far better source for answers than would be anyone on this forum.

Demone should rely on his/her attorney for answers and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">