• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nurse Case Manager in Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seminolefan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I was hurt while working. I reported injury and followed all the proper protocol. I have been on light duty for 2 weeks now. The company I work for will not allow employees to return to work unless they have a doctor clearing them for full duty. I travel as a merchandising representative and not supervised is their reasoning.

I received a call from a nurse case manager and she told me she would be attending all future appointments with me and discussing my care with the doctor, and help manage my care from here on out.

I started doing some research for my state on Kentucky specifically to see what my rights when it comes to a nurse case manager. I am getting conflicting information and wondered if anyone could help point me in the right direction?

I don't believe the injury is going to be extensive and that I will be able to return to full duty soon. I was hoping not to have to hire an attorney .

Thank you

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I was hurt while working. I reported injury and followed all the proper protocol. I have been on light duty for 2 weeks now. The company I work for will not allow employees to return to work unless they have a doctor clearing them for full duty. I travel as a merchandising representative and not supervised is their reasoning.

I received a call from a nurse case manager and she told me she would be attending all future appointments with me and discussing my care with the doctor, and help manage my care from here on out.

I started doing some research for my state on Kentucky specifically to see what my rights when it comes to a nurse case manager. I am getting conflicting information and wondered if anyone could help point me in the right direction?

I don't believe the injury is going to be extensive and that I will be able to return to full duty soon. I was hoping not to have to hire an attorney .

Thank you
Having a nurse case manager is an acceptable practice in workers compensation cases. I don't know why you think you need an attorney.

seminolefan

Kentucky

I don't really feel a need for an attorney . I was just put off by the aggressiveness . I understand that the workers comp insurance has access to my medical records for this injury .

Really I just wanted to know what all I have to allow . She indicated she would be in the exam room and speak to the doctor with or without me.

PayrollHRGuy

You don't have the same privacy rights when you are seeking treatments under a workers' compensation claim as you would normally. Yes, they have a right to have a nurse on site and they have the right to speak to your treatment provider when you aren't there.

seminolefan

Tn

thank you fro the link.

I wish I had put this together sooner. The store I was in was in the state on Tennessee . I live in Kentucky but the accident happened in TN and therefore was told TN laws would apply. Makes sense.

What I am being told now is the nurse case manager will require me to authorize her to my full medical history ? This was told to me when I let them know I was fine with her speaking to the doctor about this injury while I am there.

quincy

thank you fro the link.

I wish I had put this together sooner. The store I was in was in the state on Tennessee . I live in Kentucky but the accident happened in TN and therefore was told TN laws would apply. Makes sense.

What I am being told now is the nurse case manager will require me to authorize her to my full medical history ? This was told to me when I let them know I was fine with her speaking to the doctor about this injury while I am there.
For clarification: Is your claim with a Tennessee employer or a Kentucky employer?

Both states have case managers and authorization to access medical records is standard.

Here is a more appropriate link to case management in Tennessee, from the Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce: https://www.tn.gov/workforce/injuries-at-work/bureau-services/bureau-services/medical-programs-redirect/medical-case-management.html

Last edited:

seminolefan

Tn

It will be a TN claim. so they are allowed to have access to ALL of medical records? Not just the records pertaining to this injury ?

quincy

It will be a TN claim. so they are allowed to have access to ALL of medical records? Not just the records pertaining to this injury ?
Thank you for the clarification.

Your medical records are important to determine if there is any underlying condition that could affect your benefits.

PayrollHRGuy

Yes, but I can tell you that the nurse case manager is not going to pass anything along to the carrier or employer that doesn't have some tie to your on the job injury.

quincy

Yes, but I can tell you that the nurse case manager is not going to pass anything along to the carrier or employer that doesn't have some tie to your on the job injury.
You might hope that the case manager doesn't but what is relevant and what isn't is not for her to determine.

PayrollHRGuy

As of today I'm working with 5 NCMs that work with 3 different carriers and that has been the case for almost two decades. I've never been given information that was relevant in all that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">