• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about the four exceptions to the governing classification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taterjaxx

In The State of Georgia, why is it good for large companies to have the four exceptions (the Standard Exception classifications, the Interchange of Labor rules, the General Exclusion classes, and the Multiple Enterprise rule) to the governing classification and single enterprise rule? Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to not have them? I understand with the interchange of labor rule in effect, the employer is charged based on the employee’s actual exposure to injury, which saves on the premium but I'm not clear on the other three.

Any explanations would be greatly appreciated.

quincy

In The State of Georgia, why is it good for large companies to have the four exceptions (the Standard Exception classifications, the Interchange of Labor rules, the General Exclusion classes, and the Multiple Enterprise rule) to the governing classification and single enterprise rule? Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to not have them? I understand with the interchange of labor rule in effect, the employer is charged based on the employee’s actual exposure to injury, which saves on the premium but I'm not clear on the other three.

Any explanations would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have a legal question? This is not a discussion forum.

quincy

I apologize, I assumed by the title that I could ask my question here. Do you know where I could find a discussion on this topic?
Not offhand, no. Sorry.

But FreeAdvice handles legal questions from people who are currently having legal difficulties, so this is not the proper website for a discussion on the "four exceptions to the governing classification" in Georgia.

Good luck.

taterjaxx

Not offhand, no. Sorry.

But FreeAdvice handles legal questions from people who are currently having legal difficulties, so this is not the proper website for a discussion on the "four exceptions to the governing classification" in Georgia.

Good luck.
Thank you kindly, and please accept my apologies. Have a wonderful New Year ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">