• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

repayment of unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oscar64

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa i received letter from union stating i was terminated due to lack of work. i applied and received unemployment for 6 months. i went to apply for extension and was denied and received letter from employer saying i fraudently filed and received unemployment. how can that be if they initially appoved and union sending letter stating reason. i'm receiving letters from state to repay over 2,000.00. by the way shift key is broke.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa i received letter from union stating i was terminated due to lack of work. i applied and received unemployment for 6 months. i went to apply for extension and was denied and received letter from employer saying i fraudently filed and received unemployment. how can that be if they initially appoved and union sending letter stating reason.
Is your shift key broken?

Your title mentioned repayment. Yet, your post says nothing of the sort.
Appeal the denial.

swalsh411

Your former employer does not decide whether or not you fraudulently received unemployment. (well they could decide that I suppose, but it doesn't mean a hill of beans). Those decisions are made by the PA Dept of Labor and Industry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">