• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They gave everyone a bonus but me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meigannee

3 months ago, my employer told me that my pay would be cut by $15,000.00 effective immediately.
The other people in the dept were told the same thing but because they were hired this year (I've been with the company for 3yrs) they were told that their pay would not be cut until next year.
When I complained, they finally agreed to make me "whole" by December even though until then, I would have to live on a cut paycheck.
2 weeks ago we were all called in to the boss's office and told that due to our hard work, management was awarding bonuses to everyone.
Shortly after that I was called into HR and told that this "bonus" money would be put towards making me "whole" and therefore was not really bonus money at all, but back pay.
My co-workers, who have not yet had their pay cut received this bonus money- so while it's back pay for me- its all extra gravy for them.
When I confronted HR, they said it was a mistake and those people should not have received extra money and there was nothing they could do.
Everyone got a bonus except for me. Can they do this???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">