• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cheryl B.

What is the name of your state? sc, yes I am the same person Beth. He did receive sick pay until the Dec.18. Since then NO. just newyears' day pay and christmas day, but no sick days.Thanks for the information Beth. He did not receive any shutdown pay.I told him to see if he can find an attorney in this area and see if they can advise him. Yesterday I talked to a person who is a office manager and does payroll for a company near me. She says that she didn't think that the company could do this if he was on medical leave before the plant shutdown. Since he was already drawing his sick time and had not been put on short term disability as of yet and by the way still hasn't , they had to still pay him his sick time regardless. The company she works for is based in another state just like the one my husband works for. In fact, I believe it is the same state and they have plants here as well. She also says that they cuoldn't do this unless they made prior arrangements . What she actually meant I don't know, since time was short for her and she was really busy.

Last edited:

Beth3

Cheryl, you do not need to start a new thread every time you post back in on the same topic (which makes it difficult to follow the situation you're asking about.) Just open a prior post, go to the bottom of the thread, and click on "post reply" on the bottom right.

If he received the shut-down pay and as he is currently medically unable to work, his ability to collect UC benefits is doubtful but your husband can certainly apply and see what happens. The State will rule on his eligibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">