• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a car repair shop invoice have to include all of the work and parts that was used

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

travistee2

What is the name of your state? VT

I had my brakes replaced at a repair shop. They gave me a price that matched the price at another shop.
They installed my old brake pads on the rear brakes but did not tell me.
I didn't notice that until a few hundred miles later when I could see the uneven contact on the rotors.
I complained to the shop about this and they said that they did install the old pads.
They told me that if I wanted new pads it would be $100 more. I said I would not have given them the work since their price is now $800 and the other shop's price was $700 with new pads.
They say that the invoice says ceramic pads and rotors on the front and only says rotors on the back.
I told them that I thought that meant they rear was not getting ceramic pads.

Should the invoice have been complete with the exact work that was done including the installation of the old pads on the rear?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I had my brakes replaced at a repair shop. They gave me a price that matched the price at another shop.
I didn't notice that until a few hundred miles later when I could see the uneven contact on the rotors.
I complained to the shop about this and they said that they did install the old pads.
They told me that if I wanted new pads it would be $100 more. I said I would not have given them the work since their price is now $800 and the other shop's price was $700 with new pads.
They say that the invoice says ceramic pads and rotors on the front and only says rotors on the back.

Should the invoice have been complete with the exact work that was done including the installation of the old pads on the rear?
It was complete. They told you exactly what they did. Nowhere on the receipt does it indicate that they replaced the rear pads.

quincy

It sounds like you weren’t clear on what you wanted. Did you actually tell the shop you wanted both front and rear brakes replaced?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">