• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I have to wait before I can legally get rid of items on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hpkieffer

Ohio Long story short I ordered bags of gravel from a company they sent me loose instead and then told me that they had called me and I okayed the substitution but I hadn't gotten a call from them . I tried to get them to work out the problem by taking back the product or giving me the difference in price between bagged and loose. the wrote back and said that there wasn't one that it was the same price so I filed a dispute with my credit card company and they still another 60 days to respond to the credit card company. My problem is the gravel is sitting on my grass and has been for the last 27 days and I need to get rid of it . So any ideals how to solve this would be fantastic

Thank You

Litigator22

Ohio Long story short I ordered bags of gravel from a company they sent me loose instead and then told me that they had called me and I okayed the substitution but I hadn't gotten a call from them . I tried to get them to work out the problem by taking back the product or giving me the difference in price between bagged and loose. the wrote back and said that there wasn't one that it was the same price so I filed a dispute with my credit card company and they still another 60 days to respond to the credit card company. My problem is the gravel is sitting on my grass and has been for the last 27 days and I need to get rid of it. So any ideals [sic] how to solve this would be fantastic

Thank You
Get rid of it the same way you intended to get rid of bagged grave. Jeez!

adjusterjack

I don't understand this at all. Presumably when you ordered the bagged gravel you had use for it, like laying it out in various places on your property.

So instead of picking up a bag and taking it where you want it to go, you have to shovel some of it into a wheel barrow and take it where you want it to go.

Duh.

quincy

Ohio Long story short I ordered bags of gravel from a company they sent me loose instead and then told me that they had called me and I okayed the substitution but I hadn't gotten a call from them . I tried to get them to work out the problem by taking back the product or giving me the difference in price between bagged and loose. the wrote back and said that there wasn't one that it was the same price so I filed a dispute with my credit card company and they still another 60 days to respond to the credit card company. My problem is the gravel is sitting on my grass and has been for the last 27 days and I need to get rid of it . So any ideals how to solve this would be fantastic

Thank You
How much gravel did you order?

Did anyone at your home approve the delivery of loose gravel instead of bagged gravel, even if it wasn’t you?

You were not at home for the delivery?

When you ordered the gravel, did you designate a spot on your property for the gravel to be deposited (whether bagged or loose)?

I don’t see that you have much to dispute. You ordered gravel and gravel was delivered.

I think there are 2 issues.
1) OP ordered a more expensive product - bagged gravel vs loose gravel but is being charged for bagged gravel.
2) Loose gravel on your grass is a mess. It is impossible to get all of it out of your grass, and mowers will kick it up for years to come. This can damage cars or houses or other property normally stored in the vicinity.

Bali Hai Again

I think there are 2 issues.
1) OP ordered a more expensive product - bagged gravel vs loose gravel but is being charged for bagged gravel.
2) Loose gravel on your grass is a mess. It is impossible to get all of it out of your grass, and mowers will kick it up for years to come. This can damage cars or houses or other property normally stored in the vicinity.
I agree with you. And OP might not have the tools or be physically be able to deal with the mess the construction material supply company created. If it were me I would hire someone to clean up the mess and the construction supply company would be headed to small claims court. OP ordered bagged gravel and probably told them where to put it when delivered. Instead they screwed up the order and feel comfortable blowing the customer off.

quincy

Although Hpkieffer says he did not authorize the loose gravel delivery, we don’t know if someone in his household authorized the substitution. We also don’t know if Hpkieffer designated a deposit location for the gravel.

We were told that the gravel supplier said there was no price difference between bagged and loose gravel (even though it would make sense for bagged gravel to be more costly).

More facts would be nice.

LdiJ

Although Hpkieffer says he did not authorize the loose gravel delivery, we don’t know if someone in his household authorized the substitution. We also don’t know if Hpkieffer designated a deposit location for the gravel.

We were told that the gravel supplier said there was no price difference between bagged and loose gravel (even though it would make sense for bagged gravel to be more costly).

More facts would be nice.
Re the bolded, it is not unknown for employees to mess up orders and then make a claim like that in order to avoid at least the problem of having charged the customer for something more than what they received.

quincy

Re the bolded, it is not unknown for employees to mess up orders and then make a claim like that in order to avoid at least the problem of having charged the customer for something more than what they received.
True. The claim that bagged and loose are equal in price is something that is relatively easy to check out.

No, the OP says that the vendor said there is no price difference.
Well, the OP indicates that they think there is a price difference, but the vendor says otherwise.

I tried to get them to work out the problem by taking back the product or giving me the difference in price between bagged and loose.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well, the OP indicates that they think there is a price difference, but the vendor says otherwise.

I tried to get them to work out the problem by taking back the product or giving me the difference in price between bagged and loose.
And the very next sentence was: "the (sic) wrote back and said that there wasn't one that it was the same price..."

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Which is the statement I thought could possibly be a fib by an employee not wanting to admit a mistake to their boss.
I agree that it could be a fib (good word choice there). As was mentioned, it would be easy to verify by having a friend call and ask for a quote for a similar amount of loose gravel to be delivered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">