• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obligations To Other Agent Offers After An Offer Has Been Accepted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allanb

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? California.
I am a Realtor, I inherited a property with my Sister (trustee) in California from my Moms Living Trust when she passed.
I am the listing Agent. We received an offer & we fully executed it outright on May 7th, 2022 I represent the Buyer & Seller. On May 8th, I received 6 other offers. All Agents were called and notified that we have a fully executed offer on May 7th but will keep their offer on record and contact everyone back. if it falls out of Escrow. All contingencies have been removed. Then yesterday, I get an e-mail from one of the Agents that had placed an offer. This is over 2 weeks since we have been in Escrow. He is demanding that I disclose my agencies, in other words, am I representing the Buyer also and he wants to see that the Seller also signed the offer from him on the line in the contract where the Seller acknowledges that they did receive the offer. Seeing as this Agent was not a part of the offer procedure, in other words, he would only be a part of the procedure if we were contemplating other offers, including his, or were in a counter-offer situation, with or without him, and did not have a fully executed contract. But we did have a fully executed contract and the Seller/Trustee/Sister said she does not want me to disclose anything to him as it "Is none of his business"
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks, Al

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Frankly, you ought to consult with your legal counsel. This is too important to trust to the "advice" of random strangers on the internet.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Frankly, you ought to consult with your legal counsel. This is too important to trust to the "advice" of random strangers on the internet.
I agree. And while I am a lawyer, I don't practice in CA and this is something that is very much state specific. You want advice from a CA attorney who practices in the area of real estate law.

allanb

allanb has said in previous threads that he is a broker.
If I had posted that I was a Broker, it was not intentional as I am not a Broker???
All good advice, thank you, the reason I sometimes post here is that I often get advice that leads me in directions that I didn't think about before I go to an Attorney.

STEPHAN

While I am not really working as an agent, I am fully licensed and a Realtor®. I have used the legal hotline many times, they are excellent. I would keep my membership just for that. So, they are for us, use them.

quincy

While I am not really working as an agent, I am fully licensed and a Realtor®. I have used the legal hotline many times, they are excellent. I would keep my membership just for that. So, they are for us, use them.
Although the California Association of Realtors’ legal hotline is a good resource, legal questions that are submitted may not receive speedy responses. For that reason, this forum or (as advised previously) a local attorney can be more helpful when time is a factor.

allanb

Problem resolved, after talking to my Broker & CAR Legal, they suggested I talk to his Broker, which I did, in a nice manner, told him that I hold no hard feelings against the agent but was tired of being harassed by an Agent that in my opinion was a loose cannon, didn't know the MLS rules and essentially was not acting in a way that would promote his client's best interests and of course potential Broker liability. 15 minutes later I got an e-mail with a full apology. Once again, thank you all for your input!!

allanb

Quincy, I have no idea why I put Realtor/Broker ??? It definitely wasn't the case and still isn't. Too much liability being a Broker in my opinion.
I haven't had too many issues with CAR Legal. I always just take the pill and wait on hold for a Lawyer, most of the time it has been about a 5-15 minute hold time. Just don't fall for the callback option, done it twice and no one called me back!
Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">