• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plumber's Rod Broke Off In My Pipe - Who Is At Fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DIRTY DUNNZ

My bathroom sink was clogged up, so I hired a licensed plumber to unclog it. While rodding the pipe under my sink, the rod got stuck and broke off as the plumber tried to remove the rod. The plumbing company believes it is my fault because it's my pipe and there was something in the pipe that caused the rod to get stuck. I believe it's the plumber's fault because it's their equipment, the plumber's technique caused the rod to get stuck and broke off, and durability issues of their equipment. The plumber says they would have to cut into the wall from the hallway of my condo to get to the pipe and retrieve their broken rod piece. What do you think?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?

I believe it's the plumbers responsibility to remove his rod from your pipe. In the future, you may consider looking for a plumber with a different solution than sticking his rod in your pipe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">