• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state?MD
My sister passed in 2020. I've been taking over the payments for her 2020 Camry on my own, not through any financing company even though I've been out of work since last January dealing with various health issues. Right now I'm behind in the payments that are $619/mo, which I can't afford but I did manage to make the payments anyway up.until now. I don't want to lose the car because it was my sister's. Please advise me on what to do? Thanks in advance.

quincy

My sister passed in 2020. I've been taking over the payments for her 2020 Camry on my own, not through any financing company even though I've been out of work since last January dealing with various health issues. Right now I'm behind in the payments that are $619/mo, which I can't afford but I did manage to make the payments anyway up.until now. I don't want to lose the car because it was my sister's. Please advise me on what to do? Thanks in advance.
Is the car in your name? To whom have you been making payments?

If you can’t afford the car and cannot refinance it because it is either not in your name or you don’t have income enough to support a loan, it seems likely that the car will be repossessed.

zddoodah

not through any financing company
What does this mean?

Did you notify the person/entity to whom you've been making payments about sister's death and obtain his/her/its permission to keep the car?

I don't want to lose the car because it was my sister's.
Huh? You said it's a 2020 car and she died in 2020, so she can't have had it more than a year when she died. It's not like it's some family heirloom.

Please advise me on what to do?
Not really sure what you expect anyone to tell you. If you don't make the payments, then the lender is entitled to repossess it (assuming the lender properly perfected a security interest).

Just Blue

What does this mean?

Did you notify the person/entity to whom you've been making payments about sister's death and obtain his/her/its permission to keep the car?

Huh? You said it's a 2020 car and she died in 2020, so she can't have had it more than a year when she died. It's not like it's some family heirloom.

Not really sure what you expect anyone to tell you. If you don't make the payments, then the lender is entitled to repossess it (assuming the lender properly perfected a security interest).
Again...check the posting history. :)

zddoodah

Again...check the posting history.
Why are you posting this again? Before answering, take note of when my prior response was posted relative to yours. Also, the OP appears to have a post count of 102. I'm not reading 102 prior messages. If there are particular posts you want me or others to review, feel free to link them.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Did you ever get the paperwork done that you were previously told to do?

Or have you just been muddling along, making payments? And, since you've been struggling with payments, have you also let the insurance lapse?

It's pretty clear that you can't afford the car. Don't be sentimental about it: rip off the bandaid and unload the millstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">