• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sued Hertz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Well it was at night and I realized going anywhere without a headlight was illegal.
Yeah, but it wasn't your vehicle.

That why you call and demand that they repair or replace the vehicle with one that is legal to drive.

You should not only get nada for the bulb replacement, you will get an added fee.

You're definitely not getting the gas money back.

Last edited:

cloister2

I WON the case. I don't need a lawyer in fact, screw the whole profession. I WON. How does that fact ruin your day? LMFAO.

I sued Hertz in Minnesota small claims and the trial is in 6 weeks . After renting a van from them for a month they charged me $175 for returning to a different location. Also, they charged me to refill the tank at $10/gallon. Also they refused to reimburse me for changing the headlight bulb, which was rather complicated. I have a receipt for that. I'm asking for $318 including labor, return of the change location return fee, and return of the fee for 7 gallons of gas as the tank was not full upon pick up of the van.
For a different rental in Europe, I'm also asking for a refund of a customs fee in Norway. Norway does not have customs fees. What should I expect to happen?

cloister2

Yeah, but it wasn't your vehicle.

That why you call and demand that they repair or replace the vehicle with one that is legal to drive.

You should not only get nada for the bulb replacement, you will get an added fee.

You're definitely not getting the gas money back.
Too bad just kidding because I won.

LdiJ

I suspect he won only what we thought he would win, unless Hertz just threw money at him to settle the case and get rid of him. I also suspect he won't be permitted to rent from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">