• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Valuation of Shares at the time of separation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spidrr019

It would depend on what my "bad behavior" was and whether or not I was willing for it to be discussed in court. If I was embarrassed about the situation and the 20k wasn't going to cause me serious hardship then I might push to settle the matter and pay the 20k. If I wasn't all that embarrassed or the 20k was going to cause me serious hardship then I might push the matter. I would also want my attorney to give me an idea on my odds of prevailing as well and what he would charge me to fight the matter as well. I am pragmatic. If it's going to cost me 10k to fight the matter in court plus be really embarrassing with low odds of winning I am probably going to go ahead and pay the 20k.
LdiJ - I want to thank you for your persistence in carrying on the discussion with me.

You have given me excellent insight, opinion and suggestions.

You've hit on all the points that I was hoping to receive.

I'm going to seek a lawyer to discuss much of what you and I have talked about.

Again, thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">