• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Striped search!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babygrl_222000

[i live in scott co. Tn. I was pulled over for no reason pulled out of my car, then searched, then the k9 officer and the other officer searched my car. While another officer striped searched me on the side of the road. I mean literally striped searched me. They found nothing, and let me go. Then a week after that the k9 officer pulled me again just to ask me if i had drugs in my car. Then just let me go. Is there anything i can do about this? If so what could i do? I'm from a very small town so i could get a lawyer from here cause they are all connected. So any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mass_Shyster

[i live in scott co. Tn. I was pulled over for no reason pulled out of my car, then searched, then the k9 officer and the other officer searched my car. While another officer striped searched me on the side of the road. I mean literally striped searched me. They found nothing, and let me go. Then a week after that the k9 officer pulled me again just to ask me if i had drugs in my car. Then just let me go. Is there anything i can do about this? If so what could i do? I'm from a very small town so i could get a lawyer from here cause they are all connected. So any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Go find a big city lawyer to sue the police. I suspect at some point the rest of the story will come out, and you'll end up with nothing but a big attorney bill.

justalayman

While another officer striped searched me on the side of the road.
I am not sure you have a valid complaint as long as the officer left stripes in the most sensitive areas so as to not allow those areas to be visible to the public.

eerelations

All joking aside, are you saying the cops took off every single item of your clothing (pants, underwear, shirt, jacket, bra, socks, jewelry, hairbands, shoes, hat, etc.) and made you stand stark naked in full public view at the side of the side of the road while they searched your body?

Isis1

All joking aside, are you saying the cops took off every single item of your clothing (pants, underwear, shirt, jacket, bra, socks, jewelry, hairbands, shoes, hat, etc.) and made you stand stark naked in full public view at the side of the side of the road while they searched your body?
aww...memories.....

dave33

Certainly, there are actions you can take. Something you need to answer, is the reason for this to possibly gain money or just to have the harassment stopped. Not that you (from what I understand so far) would have a strong civil suit, but there would be differences in your actions depending on the desired result.

justalayman

Certainly, there are actions you can take. Something you need to answer, is the reason for this to possibly gain money or just to have the harassment stopped. Not that you (from what I understand so far) would have a strong civil suit, but there would be differences in your actions depending on the desired result.
well, maybe.

I have a strong suspicion we have not heard the whole story.

babygrl_222000

They made me pull my pants down panties down shirt and bra up shoes off. AND NO ITS NOT FOR THE MONEY ITS SO THESE *******S WILL STOP HARASSIN EVERYONE

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
They made me pull my pants down panties down shirt and bra up shoes off. AND NO ITS NOT FOR THE MONEY ITS SO THESE *******S WILL STOP HARASSIN EVERYONE
So you had to show your hoo hoos to everyone? Or did they just have you move the wasteband to see if you were hiding contraband/weapons?

dave33

Immediately contact the state police. Call and ask how to file a grievance in their state.Make sure to strongly convey the message that you feel a criminal act of a sexual nature is occuring. Explain to them that because of the extremely small size of the department you feel your complaint will fall on deaf ears. Also make sure to include whether or not a female officer did the strip search. Depending on the stink you want to make, you can also bring the actions to the attention of other people. File a local complaint also just to cover your bases. You can also stop bye the local district attorney's office and just make someone (female) aware of the situation. Also, just to be thorough you can always ask about criminal charges/restraining order. Explain that since the police are so tight knit they will never take action and plead for protection. Make sure you sound scared and victimized. Tell them because of corruption right under their nose, they are your only hope. Hopefully that will get the attention of someone who will give you the benefit of the doubt. The department of justice also has grievance policy you can take advantage of for these exact situations. Make sure you mention to the person in the d.a.'s office you will also be filing grievance through them. I would imagine that would force some type of action. After filing such things you will have certain rights. Now, every state is different, but if you take that much action hopefully some results will take place as a reaction. Now all this being said, be aware that they will run a backround check and closely scrutinize your "track record". Not that a record makes their actions o.k. but it will certainly go a long way towards minimizing your complaint. Also, if you do go through with this and you get busted be prepared for a STIFF penalty.goodluck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Immediately contact the state police. Call and ask how to file a grievance in their state.Make sure to strongly convey the message that you feel a criminal act of a sexual nature is occuring. Explain to them that because of the extremely small size of the department you feel your complaint will fall on deaf ears. Also make sure to include whether or not a female officer did the strip search. Depending on the stink you want to make, you can also bring the actions to the attention of other people. File a local complaint also just to cover your bases. You can also stop bye the local district attorney's office and just make someone (female) aware of the situation. Also, just to be thorough you can always ask about criminal charges/restraining order. Explain that since the police are so tight knit they will never take action and plead for protection. Make sure you sound scared and victimized. Tell them because of corruption right under their nose, they are your only hope. Hopefully that will get the attention of someone who will give you the benefit of the doubt. The department of justice also has grievance policy you can take advantage of for these exact situations. Make sure you mention to the person in the d.a.'s office you will also be filing grievance through them. I would imagine that would force some type of action. After filing such things you will have certain rights. Now, every state is different, but if you take that much action hopefully some results will take place as a reaction. Now all this being said, be aware that they will run a backround check and closely scrutinize your "track record". Not that a record makes their actions o.k. but it will certainly go a long way towards minimizing your complaint. Also, if you do go through with this and you get busted be prepared for a STIFF penalty.goodluck.
Seriously you don't even know if anything happened. She is calling this is a strip search and it may very well not be anywhere near that.

shiba

dave33, stop jumping to conclusions. While it is obvious that you believe that law enforcement is more often than not "out to get people", you are misleading people and aren't doing them any favours by suggesting such actions without any clarification of their story.

babygrl_222000, how do you know they pulled you over for "no reason"? Did you not use a turn signal? Did you go 1 mile over the speed limit? Do you (as I strongly suspect) have a vehicle registered in your name and have a prior history of run-ins with the police relating to drugs? Were you in an area where drug pickups are common? Do you allow anyone other than yourself to drive your vehicle who may have drug involvement? You DO know that the police have records of previous encounters, whether or not charges result? Do you have any involvement in the sex trade or drug trade? Are you on probation or parole?

It is very, VERY common for females involved in the drug trade to hide substances in their bras, panties, and even elsewhere.

So what is the rest of the story and the background, before anyone can advise PROPERLY whether or not this was an "illegal strip search".

Last edited:

dave33

Guys,"They made me pull my panties down and my shirt and bra up". Put the shoe on the other foot. How would you suggest I clarify this story? Why would I chose to clarify only this story? I give an opinion based on the thread. If this happened to someone close to me I would want them to do that and then some. What difference does it make if they had a reason to stop the vehicle? She is not challenging the stop, she's challenging the removal of her clothes. Due process did not exist. They would need p.c. or an arrest to conduct a search and had neither. Never mind a strip search on the side of the road. How can you think that is o.k. Not using a turn signal? Are you serious? It's amazing people think that is a justified action,regardless of prior record or traffic violations. Was this even conducted by a women? I would like to hear your opinion if that happened to you or a close family member. Even if it waqsn't as extreme as she claims, while conducting a Terry frisk for weapons they are only allowed to pat you down. If this story even resembles the truth, it was a gross violation of a citizens rights.

shiba

Dave, I am not saying she is right and I am not saying she is wrong. COULD this be a violation? Sure. However, it may not be.

Guys,"They made me pull my panties down and my shirt and bra up". Put the shoe on the other foot. How would you suggest I clarify this story?
There are LEGAL searches where a female must remove her clothing in order for a search. Again, is this one? I'm not sure as the OP did not give much details.

What difference does it make if they had a reason to stop the vehicle? She is not challenging the stop, she's challenging the removal of her clothes. Due process did not exist. They would need p.c. or an arrest to conduct a search and had neither.
The OP states that they pulled her over for "nothing", but what is the likelyhood of that? Again, what really happened IS important!

Never mind a strip search on the side of the road. How can you think that is o.k. Not using a turn signal? Are you serious? It's amazing people think that is a justified action,regardless of prior record or traffic violations.
You misunderstand me. At no point did I state that not using a turn signal gives a green light to anything like a "strip search", I was pointing out that the OP says she was stopped for "nothing", which may have (and in all likelyhood) not been accurate. The reason for the stop and subsequent reason for the drug dog's involvement could make or break the reason for the search!

I suspect there is far more to this story than the OP is letting on and those facts are very important, before claiming sexual misconduct.

My opinion as to my belief of the legality of it if it happened to me or a family member doesn't matter at all. Just because it happened doesn't mean it is wrong in the eyes of the law. And again, I'm not saying it is right either. You are making too quick a judgement based on previous bias and emotion rather than asking for the facts about the situation.

dave33

I can honestly say I have no previous bias in a situation like this. As I sit here typing this I am pretty much completely void of emotion(as far as this situation is concerned). I am not aware of any legal search where a citizen must remove undergarments in public. I respectfully disagree that it matters why she was pulled over. If they needed to do a strip search there is procedure. At least detention and brought to the station. Although unless under arrest such a search would be voluntary. I brought up examples of you or your family in all fairness. To keep things in perspective can you think of an example that if this happened to you it would be justified? I cannot. Citizens have protections, would it be a greater crime to strip and humiliate someone in public or find someone in possession of a controlled substance.She was not in poss.,but even if she was would justice be served by stripping it's citizens because of suspicion. Is that justice,regardless? Also it is well known that suspicion does not meet the criteria for probable cause.Basically, it is illegal to conduct a search for mere suspicion. Investigate, ask questions? o.k. remove clothes in public, no way. Also, there may very well be more to the story, but speculation will go nowhere. In a high % of threads people bend the truth for 1 reason or another. Fact is we'll never know. The best I can do is advise on what I've been told and try not to be judgemental. Thanks for the convo. Dave

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">