• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Always Lookout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Always lookout

What is the name of your state? NC
I was parked at a soccer tournament and the wind was extremely strong. A huge referee's tent came out of the ground and the wind blew it up the hill. The tent was stopped by my car. The tent and the metal legs landed on the car and scratched the front of the car and put a dent down the passenger's door under the mirror.
The soccer club stated that this would be an "act of God" and I should file as such under my insurance. I feel that the soccer club hosting the tournament and controlling the fields and tents should be responsible.

Neal1421

Always lookout said:
What is the name of your state? NC
I was parked at a soccer tournament and the wind was extremely strong. A huge referee's tent came out of the ground and the wind blew it up the hill. The tent was stopped by my car. The tent and the metal legs landed on the car and scratched the front of the car and put a dent down the passenger's door under the mirror.
The soccer club stated that this would be an "act of God" and I should file as such under my insurance. I feel that the soccer club hosting the tournament and controlling the fields and tents should be responsible.
Wow, your car has been through a lot lately.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=309330

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">