• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intellectual Property Question (Implimentation)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drummingdanny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Good day to everyone,

First off I would like to clarify that I am rather informed of basic IPL's and the difference between unsolicited and solicited.

I have a intellectual idea plan that I am formulating to pitch to fortune 200 companies...but

Here are the details

1. I do not have enough capital to apply for the patent yet. (Also how do I get an investor without disclosing this highly sensitive info?) out of the question.
2. Even a slight corner of this idea given before a NDA will enable these companies to alternate their own versions of it sidestepping litigations.
3. These big box companies can even disregard the NDA and "patent processing" and use it to their sole advantage.
4. How do I even make a solicited approach to these massive companies given their policies prohibiting interactions with outsiders and unsolicited material?
5. At risk of sounding the same as millions of others this idea is proven original publicly and will (I know) make millions if not BILLIONS for both parties.
6. My own data research has confirmed without a doubt that the majority of business and consumers would absolutely LOVE this. (I know statistics as well)
7. To top the cake this Intel Prop. must be administered and sold to a bidder very very soon or it will not be long before someone puts two and two together.

Given these details what would be your advice or motions? Any help or suggestions are greatly and wholesomely appreciated!

drummingdanny

Your request is beyond the scope of an internet forum.
Perhaps out of scope of your advice sir? I beg to differ...given the complex legal inquiries I have seen on this forum I suspect there may be an individual out there that can make a educated suggestion. Not legal advice...but a suggestion...perhaps you should not have even responded to this thread with all due respect sir...rather undermining my inquiry. Some people are not qualified to make such statements...

Best Regards.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Perhaps out of scope of your advice sir? I beg to differ...given the complex legal inquiries I have seen on this forum I suspect there may be an individual out there that can make a educated suggestion. Not legal advice...but a suggestion...perhaps you should not have even responded to this thread with all due respect sir...rather undermining my inquiry. Some people are not qualified to make such statements...

Best Regards.
Alrighty then. :cool:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Best Regards.
You're right - I forgot to suggest that you seek the assistance of a local IP attorney. I apologize.

:rolleyes:

tranquility

None of it can be done without money.

Without even getting to the IP questions, we had a client that had a bazillion dollar idea. More than that, he had an actual sample and production ability. No one would talk with him. He had to hire an agent who had a representation with the companies. This agent did not work solely on commission, but on money up front. Lots of money up front.

Protection of the IP is only one of your worries. Getting it into the market is much harder. Save your pennies or get investors among your friends and family. Then, go to an attorney to help protect and to an agent to sell it.

drummingdanny

You're right - I forgot to suggest that you seek the assistance of a local IP attorney. I apologize.

:rolleyes:

Ahhh I see you are becoming sarcastic yet slightly informative now. Wonderful. I have a troll on my first post within this forum. I am sure you are going to make a great legacy within this place...with your well intentioned advice....did it ever occur to you that I read the disclaimer posted beneath your comments? Now you "suggest" I do something I am currently in the process of doing even before I came here. The point of my inquiry went way over your head. Hence "Some people are not qualified to make a comment on such things...your comments emit your ignorance on said subject. :cool:

drummingdanny

None of it can be done without money.

Without even getting to the IP questions, we had a client that had a bazillion dollar idea. More than that, he had an actual sample and production ability. No one would talk with him. He had to hire an agent who had a representation with the companies. This agent did not work solely on commission, but on money up front. Lots of money up front.

Protection of the IP is only one of your worries. Getting it into the market is much harder. Save your pennies or get investors among your friends and family. Then, go to an attorney to help protect and to an agent to sell it.
THANK YOU. ....That zinger is a informed suggestion. Thank you once again for that educated comment sir.:D

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Ahhh I see you are becoming sarcastic yet slightly informative now. Wonderful. I have a troll on my first post within this forum. I am sure you are going to make a great legacy within this place...with your well intentioned advice....did it ever occur to you that I read the disclaimer posted beneath your comments? Now you "suggest" I do something I am currently in the process of doing even before I came here. The point of my inquiry went way over your head. Hence "Some people are not qualified to make a comment on such things...your comments emit your ignorance on said subject. :cool:
The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. :cool:

drummingdanny

The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting on the Forums or the identity or qualifications of any person asking questions or responding on the Forums. :cool:
Tsk Tsk. Really you have just join Zinger in being unqualified in commenting on this thread...does not mean you cannot, just means you show an ignorance to said subject matter. I read the disclaimers. I was aware of what I was doing and was well informed that these are average people here. It even says The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. Suspect you and zinger have NOT. I suspect that the gentleman or lady that replied above are more helpful in said subject. You and zinger are just arrogantly informing of something I already know. Thanks once again for your "suggestions". Rather informed they were...:rolleyes:

drummingdanny

You do realize that you received the SAME information, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You do notice that you said nothing of the sort about agents or experience or anything else except basically saying one word...therfore making your comment vs that other comment not the same? You also notice I assume that you are lowering the integrity of this rather useful site?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You do notice that you said nothing of the sort about agents or experience or anything else except basically saying one word...therfore making your comment vs that other comment not the same? You also notice I assume that you are lowering the integrity of this rather useful site?
The advice you received was to consult with an IP attorney.

Furthermore, you were told that your request is beyond the scope of an internet forum.

Same.

Run along now, good day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">