• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father's rights are suspended and..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

I will be taking the legal steps as I always have been doing for 2 1/2 years first thing in the morning. I also know it will fuel a bigger fire but I'm prepared as always. I had never said I wasn't going to I just just stating a fact because I know from experience with this man that the more I do legally the more dangerous he becomes. It's simple due to the domestic violence he's not supposed to own any guns But because he's in the military so he can and yes I have talked to his unit many times and they also have copies of all the papers. They aren't doing anything either.
But hopefully once I get all the paperwork done things will be different since we just had the election and all.
If he violates this new restraining order, the school can have him arrested. If that happens, Don't bother talking to his unit, call the IG or send copies of the paperwork to the IG.

casa

You can go to court to get an RO tomorrow. Provide a copy to the school. Also, it's important that you contact the CPS caseworker & let them know what is going on.

Stylnoelle

Father has relocated without court permission

I have been going through the legal process to be allowed to relocate with the children for a job. I spoke to the father about it and he was encouraging me to relocate for the job. Two days later my attorney contacts me with news that he was objecting my move and threatening to get a change of custody. We were about to go to court and his attorney gets the date thrown out because he has other cases. His attorney motioned for us to go to mediation. While waiting for this mediation, I have lost the job (so now I am unemployed and looking). He and his wife has now relocated to another state without us resolving this in court. Can he do that? He is suppose to notify me and has not? I learned of the move from the children. He has been trying to take my children. He tells them that when they turn 12yr. old that they can decide whom they want to live with. It seems that all of the rights are for the noncustodial parent. What rights do I have?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I have been going through the legal process to be allowed to relocate with the children for a job. I spoke to the father about it and he was encouraging me to relocate for the job. Two days later my attorney contacts me with news that he was objecting my move and threatening to get a change of custody. We were about to go to court and his attorney gets the date thrown out because he has other cases. His attorney motioned for us to go to mediation. While waiting for this mediation, I have lost the job (so now I am unemployed and looking). He and his wife has now relocated to another state without us resolving this in court. Can he do that? He is suppose to notify me and has not? I learned of the move from the children. He has been trying to take my children. He tells them that when they turn 12yr. old that they can decide whom they want to live with. It seems that all of the rights are for the noncustodial parent. What rights do I have?
Do not hijack another's thread. Please start your own thread for assistance.

OhReally?

I will be taking the legal steps as I always have been doing for 2 1/2 years first thing in the morning.
So you're NOT going to get a restraining order??
I also know it will fuel a bigger fire but I'm prepared as always. I had never said I wasn't going to I just just stating a fact because I know from experience with this man that the more I do legally the more dangerous he becomes. It's simple due to the domestic violence he's not supposed to own any guns But because he's in the military so he can and yes I have talked to his unit many times and they also have copies of all the papers. They aren't doing anything either.
What you are not getting is that a violation of a restraining order comes with SPECIFIC AND STRICTER penalties. The reason we've been telling you to get a restraining order is because your ex is violating the current order & you need action NOW. So, getting that restraining order is "clarifying it" temporarily, per se. And it also clarifies it for the school, since they should not be put in a position of trying to decipher the meaning of your order.

If you don't file an RO and decide to file a motion for clarification and/or even a Motion to Show Cause, then you'll have to wait for a date to be set blah blah blah. That does NOT happen for a restraining order. Once you get the RO, you file a motion for clarification and also consider filing a motion to show cause for contempt against your ex for violating the current order.

But hopefully once I get all the paperwork done things will be different since we just had the election and all.
Umm...sorry, but Obama's "Change" message was not in reference to your legal proceedings.
Get the RO and drop your damn 'tude on here since people are trying to help you...
FOR FREAKING FREE I might add. :rolleyes:

45Frank

And in the restraining order make it very specific as to where and when, I know it sounds stupid but you're dealing with a school board here. Example mine said only to be visited at a specific PD at certain times. The school boards response was it doesn't say where she can't see the children. They wanted a list of everyplace under the sun she couldn't see them.:confused: These are attorneys!!

I understand all of this, and am not disagreeing with you, but not every school "thinks" in the same way. Heck, look at the 'back and forth' on this thread. Getting a RO that is specific eliminates any vagueness and/or confusion as it relates to ALL parties -- including the school. The school has a copy of the RO...it is specific AND it does not put the school in any kind of awkward position.

mom of 7

So you're NOT going to get a restraining order??

What you are not getting is that a violation of a restraining order comes with SPECIFIC AND STRICTER penalties. The reason we've been telling you to get a restraining order is because your ex is violating the current order & you need action NOW. So, getting that restraining order is "clarifying it" temporarily, per se. And it also clarifies it for the school, since they should not be put in a position of trying to decipher the meaning of your order.

If you don't file an RO and decide to file a motion for clarification and/or even a Motion to Show Cause, then you'll have to wait for a date to be set blah blah blah. That does NOT happen for a restraining order. Once you get the RO, you file a motion for clarification and also consider filing a motion to show cause for contempt against your ex for violating the current order.

Umm...sorry, but Obama's "Change" message was not in reference to your legal proceedings.
Get the RO and drop your damn 'tude on here since people are trying to help you...
FOR FREAKING FREE I might add. :rolleyes:

Yes I'm going to get a PPO I said I will be taking the legal steps, but he has violated them before without being arrested for it and I had witnesses too. Maybe he will actually get in trouble if violates it when the school is included.
And I wasn't talking about Obama when I was talking about the election I was talking about my counties officials because we know have a better judge and sherriff along with many others that do what they should.

mom of 7

And in the restraining order make it very specific as to where and when, I know it sounds stupid but you're dealing with a school board here. Example mine said only to be visited at a specific PD at certain times. The school boards response was it doesn't say where she can't see the children. They wanted a list of everyplace under the sun she couldn't see them.:confused: These are attorneys!!
Thank you very much. I will make sure to include the school and everywhere under the sun

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">