• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving with temp orders??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Look. Notify both fathers of the relocation, as state statute requires. If the father of the infant wants to protest the relocation, he can do so by filing a motion with the court. BUT - here's the deal. When there's a relocation, the court doesn't have a lot of options. They can't make YOU live anywhere, only the child. So they can approve the relocation and adjust visitation as required to meet the needs of the child and the public policy of the state, or change custody to the parent who isn't relocating.

It sounds like THIS PARTICULAR Dad, in THIS PARTICULAR case, doesn't have a shot of stopping the relocation at all.

Manda83

Thank you CJane. I have an appointment with an attorney today to see what my options are. I thought that it was pretty cut and dry with no geographical restrictions, but as I can see from different peoples opinions, it is not that way (Maybe because of different states??). Thats why I asked the question here in the first place. I will let you know all know what an attorney says so that hopefully, if someone else presents with this problem or a similar one, they can have an idea as well.

CJane

Thank you CJane. I have an appointment with an attorney today to see what my options are. I thought that it was pretty cut and dry with no geographical restrictions, but as I can see from different peoples opinions, it is not that way (Maybe because of different states??). Thats why I asked the question here in the first place. I will let you know all know what an attorney says so that hopefully, if someone else presents with this problem or a similar one, they can have an idea as well.
Generally speaking, I think that saying "no geographical restrictions" doesn't mean you can move whenever and wherever. It means that you do not require permission from the COURT in order to move. You still have to notify the other party, and give them the opportunity to contest (which is NOT the same as needing to get their permission).

Proserpina

Look. Notify both fathers of the relocation, as state statute requires. If the father of the infant wants to protest the relocation, he can do so by filing a motion with the court. BUT - here's the deal. When there's a relocation, the court doesn't have a lot of options. They can't make YOU live anywhere, only the child. So they can approve the relocation and adjust visitation as required to meet the needs of the child and the public policy of the state, or change custody to the parent who isn't relocating.

It sounds like THIS PARTICULAR Dad, in THIS PARTICULAR case, doesn't have a shot of stopping the relocation at all.

*lame wave of hand*

Kinda said that earlier but it would appear that I'm the red-headed stepchild.

This Dad, hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell. Period. Endastory.

CJane

*lame wave of hand*

Kinda said that earlier but it would appear that I'm the red-headed stepchild.

This Dad, hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell. Period. Endastory.
I know you said it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">