• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving with temp orders??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Most people who have an EX realize that they had an error of critical thinking when they pro-created with the EX (but the majority would NOT go back and change it, because then we would not have the child or children we have). Or, the person they became involved with was not the person they thought they were. Or a whole myriad of reasons that the other party is now an Ex.

Everyone, at some point, should have practiced better judgment. Yes, even you OG!
And, while I respect the fact that you have a huge abundance of knowledge and experience with family law matters...You should really work on your "people skills". You do more harm than good when you come on here being so rude, abrasive, condescending and judgmental.
She is the one wishing to erase her child's father from the child's life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You've got to be kidding me.

She's wanting to keep her kids safe? Did you actually read the thread?
There is NO conviction. There is no evidence of molestation. There are accusations and she wants her new bed bud to adopt.

mommyanme

You would love he never sees HIS child again yet you willingly slept with him. You CHOSE to sleep with him and have his baby. Your husband is NOT the child's father. Your family does not count -- what counts for the child is the his mother and father. Maybe you should have had better judgment and been more particular about who you allowed to invade your country. Your attitude shows that you would thwart the father's attempts to be involved.
I concur with a few others, this is a bit over the top for a man accused of molesting other children who did not belong to him. If I was Mom, I would say exactly the same when it came to my children being hurt and another possibly being in the line of fire depending if this man discriminates between boys and girls. Yes I understand it is innocent until proven guilty, but as a parent I certainly would not place bets with my third child, when it comes to this man's guilt or innocence!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I concur with a few others, this is a bit over the top for a man accused of molesting other children who did not belong to him. If I was Mom, I would say exactly the same when it came to my children being hurt and another possibly being in the line of fire depending if this man discriminates between boys and girls. Yes I understand it is innocent until proven guilty, but as a parent I certainly would not place bets with my third child, when it comes to this man's guilt or innocence!
Again, what evidence does she have? The man hasn't been indicted based on what she has stated. He hasn't been convicted. But she is more than willing to have her new husband adopt her 19 month old that was impregnated into her by another man. Jeez.. how quick did she move on after that relationship?

Manda83

Again, what evidence does she have? The man hasn't been indicted based on what she has stated. He hasn't been convicted. But she is more than willing to have her new husband adopt her 19 month old that was impregnated into her by another man. Jeez.. how quick did she move on after that relationship?
No, he hasnt been convicted, nor indicted yet. There IS evidence that the accusations are true. Criminal cases take time, thus the reason it hasnt gone to court as of yet. Even CPS and the investigator said the evidence points to him being guilty. The forensic investigators gave their opinion as well of him being guilty.

Again, Im not sure how this has anything to do with whether or not I can move with only temp orders? Im not denying the visitation he has been granted, just want to move away.

ecmst12

Dad turning out to be a child molester is one of the few good reasons to erase him from the child's life.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dad turning out to be a child molester is one of the few good reasons to erase him from the child's life.
And IF he had been convicted that would be a different story.
He hasn't been. Rather, mom within 19 months of her youngest child's birth, molestation accusations with prior partner has already married a new guy. Consider that for a moment.. She is married within 28 months of getting pregnant, her youngest two getting molested and is already wishing HER NEW PARTNER to adopt. No one sees any issue with that? I do. She apparently doesn't have good judgment in men and yet she already is wishing that new dude gets to adopt the youngest. Where is the father for the oldest? Why hasn't he petitioned for custody due to the fact that apparently mom doesn't have good judgment in men? Or is he in jail or otherwise unavailable?

See the issue?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No, he hasnt been convicted, nor indicted yet. There IS evidence that the accusations are true. Criminal cases take time, thus the reason it hasnt gone to court as of yet. Even CPS and the investigator said the evidence points to him being guilty. The forensic investigators gave their opinion as well of him being guilty.

Again, Im not sure how this has anything to do with whether or not I can move with only temp orders? Im not denying the visitation he has been granted, just want to move away.
Unless the court gives you permission to move the child, I wouldn't count on it. Where is the child of the older two children? Do you recognize that you have issues with judgment?

Proserpina

Ohiogal There is no evidence of molestation. There are accusations and she wants her new bed bud to adopt. [/QUOTE said:
Indictments tend to be difficult to obtain without there being a shred of evidence, non?

Proserpina

Manda, it has nothing to do with you wanting to move. Trust me on that one.

Like I recommended, go and speak with an attorney first thing.

mommyanme

Maybe she did move on very quickly, but really it's not for us to judge based on that, in most cases even YOU have told parents that Judges do not consider new bed warmers or lack there of in custody cases, UNLESS they are a danger to the child. Who are we to judge how quickly she did or didn't move on?
Mom may not be an angel, but even you who has seen many damaged kids understand how much of a chance is being taken once someone is accused. And while the burden of proof needed is different in civil matters compared to criminal, apparently a judge decided it was enough to protect his own child from him, for the last year with supervised visits and ordered the child to have a GAL.
Again I'm not saying Mom is an angel, but I can understand the statement completely. and while my ex isn't accused of that he has damaged our 3 year old by his actions, actions that many times I have wished and thought the same thing, but never voiced it till now. But like this OP I have offered alternatives even if I feel differently. Give her at least a little credit for that IF she's being truthful.

Manda83

Unless the court gives you permission to move the child, I wouldn't count on it. Where is the child of the older two children? Do you recognize that you have issues with judgment?
I have issues with judgment because we are divorced?? We divorced because he couldnt deal with issues from being deployed to Iraq twice. Otherwise, he is a good and active father. And Im not "wishing" that my husband adopt, it was something that the childs father brought up, and was left on the table as an option.

Yet AGAIN......What does all this have to do with me moving? As far as I understand, the court HAS allowed that to happen as I have no geographical restrictions. I was just asking for opinions/advice as to my interpretation of the court orders.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Indictments tend to be difficult to obtain without there being a shred of evidence, non?
Wrong. Indictments are had on probable cause. Indictments come from a grand jury where ONLY the prosecution presents their side.
Indictments are often proven improper and incorrect when an actual trial comes. In fact, sometimes people are NOT GUILTY even if indicted. Amazing how that works. Hence why an indictment is considered HEARSAY and is not usually admissible. In fact some convictions are NOT admissible in court if you read the rules of evidence.

And again, moving is based on different level of evidence. Combine that with the fact that OP is now married, has only a 19 month old with the alleged abuser, two other children who if you believe her she failed to protect (and where is the FATHER of those children because he has a say) and the fact that she has already moved on, gotten married and wants new hubby to adopt the child. Hence, she has issues that a good attorney can blow up in court so that she appears to be the worst mother in the western world. But let her continue on thinking she has a sure case.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have issues with judgment because we are divorced?? We divorced because he couldnt deal with issues from being deployed to Iraq twice. Otherwise, he is a good and active father. And Im not "wishing" that my husband adopt, it was something that the childs father brought up, and was left on the table as an option.

Yet AGAIN......What does all this have to do with me moving? As far as I understand, the court HAS allowed that to happen as I have no geographical restrictions. I was just asking for opinions/advice as to my interpretation of the court orders.
Do what you want. No one is stopping you.

Manda83

Manda, it has nothing to do with you wanting to move. Trust me on that one.

Like I recommended, go and speak with an attorney first thing.
I didnt think it had any bearing on my question. I have been researching attorneys to look at the orders and will be setting up appointments tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">