• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex is getting remarried

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

TrcyBg22 said:
New York- My ex is getting remarried, does this affect my child support at all?
WHY would it affect your CS? The spouse of a CP, and the spouse of a NCP have NO responsibility to support your child.

TrcyBg22 said:
You're still just as responsible for your child as you were when she wasn't married. So NO, your child support obligation will not decrease when she gets married (which let's face it, is your real question).

nextwife

TrcyBg22 said:

Poster could just as easilly be the CP asking if she/he can increase CS because of NCPs spouse.

Neal1421 said:
Why do people keep asking this question?
There should be an FAQ section on here! I can think of about 5 questions that get asked several times a week.

1 - Will support increase/decrease because NCP or CP marries?
2 - Will my spouse's (the NCP) child support decrease cause we've got kids together now?
3 - Can my boyfriend that cheated on me terminate his rights to the lovechild he created while he cheated and not have to pay support (he never wanted the child and asked her to have an abortion)?
4 - Can I sue my spouse's lover for alienation of affection?
5 - Can I stop paying support cause CP doesn't give me the visitation I want?

NotSoNew

AmarieNorton said:
There should be an FAQ section on here! I can think of about 5 questions that get asked several times a week.

1 - Will support increase/decrease because NCP or CP marries?
2 - Will my spouse's (the NCP) child support decrease cause we've got kids together now?
3 - Can my boyfriend that cheated on me terminate his rights to the lovechild he created while he cheated and not have to pay support (he never wanted the child and asked her to have an abortion)?
4 - Can I sue my spouse's lover for alienation of affection?
5 - Can I stop paying support cause CP doesn't give me the visitation I want?
the sad part?

there is!

http://family-law.freeadvice.com/

i think i am going to start responding with that link ;)

NotSoNew

Lisabyday said:
Wouldn't the answer be the same if it was CP or NCP asking?
yes it would, she was just saying that because people were attacking this person for trying to get their support lowered, when in fact we dont know if the person is the CP or the NCP!

Lisabyday

NotSoNew said:
yes it would, she was just saying that because people were attacking this person for trying to get their support lowered, when in fact we dont know if the person is the CP or the NCP!
I had hoped I had learned a little something from all these posts. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">