• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay at home Mom lives rich while I suffer...HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorstage

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW JERSEY

I'd like to start off this by saying that I am not a dead beat Father, I pay my child support on time, call my daughter everyday and pick her up and drop her off on time all the time. Here's my situation:

My ex (whom I was never married too) claims that I have to cover 100% medical expenses, day care (even though she doesn't work) for our Daughter because she's a stay at home Mom. She is a stay at home mom because she Married a nice man who makes at least twice my pay, owns a home 3 times the size of mine and drives a BMW. She had a child with this man as well. So because her new husband affords her a lifestyle where she doesn not have to work I have to pay 100% for medical and day care? I only gross 45k a year and pay her $120 a week now.

I'M IN NEW WAY TRYING TO REDUCE MY CHILD SUPPORT OR GET OUT OF PAYING ANYTHING! I just want to know where it ends. How can his income not be imputed if he is supporting her lifestyle in every way? I have to suffer because she doesn't have to work? She feel entitled to every penny I make which is not vey much. I need to be able to support my own life. I don't have a car payment or a fancy house....I live pay check to pay check. Is this fair? Can someone help me out with this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW JERSEY

I'd like to start off this by saying that I am not a dead beat Father, I pay my child support on time, call my daughter everyday and pick her up and drop her off on time all the time. Here's my situation:

My ex (whom I was never married too) claims that I have to cover 100% medical expenses, day care (even though she doesn't work) for our Daughter because she's a stay at home Mom. She is a stay at home mom because she Married a nice man who makes at least twice my pay, owns a home 3 times the size of mine and drives a BMW. She had a child with this man as well. So because her new husband affords her a lifestyle where she doesn not have to work I have to pay 100% for medical and day care? I only gross 45k a year and pay her $120 a week now.

I'M IN NEW WAY TRYING TO REDUCE MY CHILD SUPPORT OR GET OUT OF PAYING ANYTHING! I just want to know where it ends. How can his income not be imputed if he is supporting her lifestyle in every way? I have to suffer because she doesn't have to work? She feel entitled to every penny I make which is not vey much. I need to be able to support my own life. I don't have a car payment or a fancy house....I live pay check to pay check. Is this fair? Can someone help me out with this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You only have to pay what the CO state. Does the CO order you pay 100% med and daycare?

razorstage

She's taking me back to court claiming that she's a stay at home mom with no job or income. She wants me to pay 100% since she has no icome to afford it yet she lives amazingly well. How do I fight this? Her husband doesn't want her to work and rather she be a stay at home mom for there new baby as well. So I get screwed?

Just Blue

She's taking me back to court claiming that she's a stay at home mom with no job or income. She wants me to pay 100% since she has no icome to afford it yet she lives amazingly well. How do I fight this? Her husband doesn't want her to work and rather she be a stay at home mom for there new baby as well. So I get screwed?
You request that Mom be imputed an income consistant with her work history and or educational background. Argue that as Mom is a SAHM there is no need for Daycare. Request that all medical bills be 50/50.

Last edited:

razorstage

She was a part time hair dresser who mainly worked for tips. I'll do what you're suggesting but I know is there any way that his income can be imputed? When you marry someone it becomes a partnership and all assets are combined, how can that not be considered if his income is the reason she doesn't work? When I say they live large, I mean it! I have a 864 sq ft home that I can barely afford.

Just Blue

She was a part time hair dresser who mainly worked for tips. I'll do what you're suggesting but I know is there any way that his income can be imputed? When you marry someone it becomes a partnership and all assets are combined, how can that not be considered if his income is the reason she doesn't work? When I say they live large, I mean it! I have a 864 sq ft home that I can barely afford.
It is not the new hubby's duty to support your child. If you remarried do you want to pay MORE support based on new wifes pay-check??

Mom may be given a min-wage income.

Ans seriously? Stop p&m'ing about how "rich" she is. It makes you look bad.

razorstage

P'Ming you? I'm just replying, sorry. I think you're both missing my point. I have ZERO PROBLEM paying what I'm paying but to demand that I pay 100% of everything because she doesn't work due to the fact that her husband request she doesn't so she can be a stay at home Mom isn't exactly fair. You guys are being rather harsh. I'm seeking advice, not critism. I'm a good parent. Geez.

Just Blue

P'Ming you? I'm just replying, sorry. I think you're both missing my point. I have ZERO PROBLEM paying what I'm paying but to demand that I pay 100% of everything because she doesn't work due to the fact that her husband request she doesn't so she can be a stay at home Mom isn't exactly fair. You guys are being rather harsh. I'm seeking advice, not critism. I'm a good parent. Geez.
Did you read what I wrote or are you so determined to play the victim you will lose the modifaction case??

razorstage

And for the record, it should go by household income...I am married and my wife and I still don't make what her husband makes. I want what's fair...that's all.

Just Blue

And for the record, it should go by household income...I am married and my wife and I still don't make what her husband makes. I want what's fair...that's all.
You think it's "fair" to legally order a non-parent to support a child?

I'm done.

razorstage

If the non parent is the reason my daughters mother has no income then yes. I'm glad you're done. You must be a disgruntled woman or something. I'm not playing the victim, I'm asking for LEGAL ADVICE ON A LEGAL ADVICE WEBSITE.

Last edited by a moderator:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
No, it should not go by household income. They are not her husband's kids, and they're not your wife's.

She can "demand" anything she wants, but it's up to the court to determine who's going to pay for what. She also has an obligation to those children and she will be expected to meet that obligation. The court doesn’t care how she meets that obligation. If she can afford to do it without working, that’s her business. If she uses her husband’s money to pay her share of taking care of the kids, that’s between them.

She can’t just waltz into court and demand that she wants this, and this, and that. The court will determine how the medical expenses will be shared, whether you are obligated to share daycare expenses, and any other considerations. Basically, it takes “x” amount of dollars per month to provide for the kids. Your share is “x”, and her share is “x”. The total, minus her share, is your share. Her husband’s share is zero. Your wife's share is zero.

SESmama

So your new wife's income should be considered in this equation as well? And why would a person that has no rights to said child be required to pay for something they get no say in? Would YOU want to have to pay for a child you did not sire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">