• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stay at home Mom lives rich while I suffer...HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecmst12

LEGAL TRUTH:

Neither your wife nor mom's husband have ANY responsibility to support this child and their income will NOT be considered in your child support order. And no, it would not be "fair" for that to be considered, either.

No one thinks you should pay all the medical expenses either, but you don't seem to be paying attention to that part.

SESmama

I would swear it sounds like he wants out of CS period. If new hubby makes that much more then (if it were considered) it might be he ends up paying nothing.

If ex's income were that then his CS would be negligible, no?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
If the non parent is the reason my daughters mother has no income then yes. I'm glad you're done. You must be a disgruntled woman or something. I'm not playing the victim, I'm asking for LEGAL ADVICE ON A LEGAL ADVICE WEBSITE. Don't reply if you're going to be a jerk off.
Are you even listening?

For the last time: it doesn't matter if she's not working. She will be imputed an income for the purposes of determining her share of the financial obligation to the children. That will affect your obligation just as if she was working.

You may be asking for legal advice, but is that what you really want? Or do you just want somebody to agree with you that this is all so terribly unfair? Whether it's what you want to hear or not, Blue Meanie is telling you the truth, and understanding the legal reality is what's going to help you in court. And you call her a "jerk off"? Seriously? Grow up.

Alex1176

If the non parent is the reason my daughters mother has no income then yes. I'm glad you're done. You must be a disgruntled woman or something. I'm not playing the victim, I'm asking for LEGAL ADVICE ON A LEGAL ADVICE WEBSITE. Don't reply if you're going to be a jerk off.
The volunteers here gave you the appropriate legal advise. Go to court and demand that her income will be imputed for minimum wage, no day care because she is SAHM and 50/50 medical bills. All the rest is irrelevant and you can go to some support forums for NCP's. This is a legal forum.

razorstage

Basically, I just file a c ounter motion stating that I would like her income to be imputed and that I'm willing to pay 50% of medical and ZERO for day care because she is a stay at home mom?

Just Blue

nice.*****//////

razorstage

The volunteers here gave you the appropriate legal advise. Go to court and demand that her income will be imputed for minimum wage, no day care because she is SAHM and 50/50 medical bills. All the rest is irrelevant and you can go to some support forums for NCP's. This is a legal forum.
Thanks for the solid advice Alex. Thank you for not being insulting and giving solid advice. I had questions that I didn't understand to be "dumb". Thanks again. I don't know the law, that's why I'm here. Would a counter motion be wise once I receive the paperwork in the mail or should I just state the 50/50 and no day care when I get to court?

Alex1176

Basically, I just file a c ounter motion stating that I would like her income to be imputed and that I'm willing to pay 50% of medical and ZERO for day care because she is a stay at home mom?
I think that in that stage you need to see a lawyer. You are very bitter and in some rage. This kind of feelings is getting you out of focus and you need a "cold" professional to help you make the right thing.

razorstage

I would swear it sounds like he wants out of CS period. If new hubby makes that much more then (if it were considered) it might be he ends up paying nothing.

If ex's income were that then his CS would be negligible, no?

I DON'T WANT OUT OF PAYING...GEEZ. I just want what is fair for both families by the law. If its fair that they impute her then I'm ok with it. I was unaware and now its cleared up. I just didn't want them thinking she was broke and living in the ghetto because she has no income. I just wanted the court to recognize that she has a good lifestyle. Not wanting to pay any less or anymore. I'm not a lawyer, I'm an extermintor. Sorry.

Alex1176

Thanks for the solid advice Alex. Thank you for not being insulting and giving solid advice. I had questions that I didn't understand to be "dumb". Thanks again. I don't know the law, that's why I'm here. Would a counter motion be wise once I receive the paperwork in the mail or should I just state the 50/50 and no day care when I get to court?
I'm not an expert in NJ family law. In California all the forms that I received had clear instructions what to do if I want to answer or to appeal. I have followed the instructions, and everything was smooth and fair.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I DON'T WANT OUT OF PAYING...GEEZ. I just want what is fair for both families by the law. If its fair that they impute her then I'm ok with it. I was unaware and now its cleared up.
And that's exactly what Blue Meanie told you at the very beginning.

You request that Mom be imputed an income consistant with her work history and or educational background. Argue that as Mom is a SAHM there is no need for Daycare. Request that all medical bills be 50/50.

razorstage

I think that in that stage you need to see a lawyer. You are very bitter and in some rage. This kind of feelings is getting you out of focus and you need a "cold" professional to help you make the right thing.
Bitter? In rage? Haha. I'm far from bitter or in rage. I'm bitter and in rage when I'm insulted by people who don't know me because I'm asking for advice that I know nothing abaout. I was explaing my case and felt attacked for not being a legal expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">